Wolves?

*so this is something I've wanted to write for a while. Basic information: this is a AU (alternate universe) where Y/N is a werewolf and she finds out Colby is her mate after she turns 18 (let's say werewolves are only able to find their mate after they reach the age of 18. Jade is Y/N's wolf, if the words are underlined it's Jade speaking)*

Y/N's POV
It's the first time in 3 years I'm going to see my best (human) friend. His name is Colby Brock. But before we continue that let me explain something.

Colby thinks I moved away from LA, but I really was running away from my pack. The alpha was trying to court me even though he has his own mate. I was still underaged I was unable to find my mate as my 18th birthday was a year away.

But here I am. 20 years old and coming back to see my best friend. I am still very much unmated and I hope I find the one soon.

Me:
You haven't told Colby I'm coming right?

Small nip Sam:
Nope. Text me when you get to my apartment and I'll text you when to head over to Colby's. Don't forget to record. The fans miss you!

Me:
Got it. About to enter your apartment now.

Small nip Sam:
See you soon!

I sigh as I take a seat on Sam's couch. I inhale a breath and the most delicious scent enters my nose.

MATE!

Wait what. Jade our mate is near?

WE HAVE TO GO FIND HIM!

Can we please wait till after I see the guy's? It's been to long since I've last seen them

Humph. Fine we can wait. But as soon as your done hanging out with them we have to find out where that scent is coming from!

You got it Jade.

Small nip Sam:
You can come over now. But before you do can you record a little bit? Knowing you, you already forgot to

Me:
You know me so well.

I sigh and start recording. "Hey guys! It's me Y/N! Long time no see eh? Welp, today we are going to be surprising Colby. Sam knows I'm here hence why I'm in his apartment. Colby thinks that it's just a normal day of him and Sam recording and I'm just a camera guy. But it actually me. Sam's already over at Colby's apartment so, I'm gonna head over there now. I'm gonna put you guys in my front jean pocket so you can still hear and see what's happening."

I smile at the lense and put the phone in my pocket. I walk to the apartment next door and take a deep breath and knock on the door.

Colby answers.

MATE! MATE IS HIM!

Whoa whoa whoa, back up. Colby is my mate?

YES THAT'S OUR MATE Y/N!

Colby looks a lot different now. I let out a breath. "Y/N...." he breaths. I smile at him and he pulls me into the tightest hug I have ever felt. I wrap my arms around his torso.

I looks at Sam over his shoulder and smile at him. He smiles and nods back. Colby pulls away from the hug and looks me up and down. "Your here, your really here."

I nod and turn my phone off in my pocket. Colby let's me into the apartment and I give Sam a quick hug. I plop down on Colby's couch.

"Hey Colby? Do you have any good food?" I hear a chuckle. "Haven't changed a bit I see" "nope" Colby goes to the kitchen.

Sam walks over to me. "I can tell you and Colby need to catch up. Send me the vid you recorded and I'll edit it into the vlog." "Mmm kk" he laughs and walks away.

I hear Colby walk back over and he hands me some cheese it's. I laugh and gobble the bowl up. "You eat like a wolf" oh the irony. "That reminds me of something I should tell you. Can I borrow your car keys I want to show you something and I ubered here"

"Sure" he hands me his keys and I start walking down the hall not waiting for him cause I know he's following me. I ask for him to show me where his car is. He leads me to his car.

I climb into the drivers side and wait for him to buckle up. I pull out of the garage. "Well, it's kinda a long drive. So, what's happened these past years?"

~~~~~~~~~couple of hours later~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're here" In front of me is one of the florists I would always go on runs in. Colby looks in front of us then back to me. "What? Are you planing to kill me?" I smile at him "no, but thanks for the idea"

I get out of the car. "Follow me" I start walking into the forest. I lock the car once I hear Colby close the door. I walk until I'm pretty far into the forest and turn around to face Colby.

"Okay I'm actually starting to think your going to murder me" I give a wholehearted laugh. "I'm not going to do that. I just have some things to explain and this is the best place to do it."

He looks at me weird. I sigh and point to a giant rock. "Go sit down there" he nods and does as I say. I put a finger on my chin. "Hmmm where to start?"
How about before we explain what's happening we tell him we're a wolf?

Good idea Jade. But what if he doesn't believe us?

Then show him

Okay....

I take a deep breath and look Colby in his eyes. "Your not gonna believe me when I say this but here it goes............I'm I werewolf" he looks at me. "Are you drunk Y/N?"

"No I'm not. And I can prove that I'm one too. Just turn around real quick" he looks at me skeptically and turns around. I strip all of my clothes and shift into my black wolf.

Jade I'm gonna need to stay in control for now okay?

She whimpers, okay....

I walk slowly behind Colby and place my mussel on his hand. He turns around quickly and see's me. He freaks out a bit, "Y/N? Is that actually you?" I nod my wolf head and lick his hand.

He gets the hint and starts to let me. He looks into my E/C eyes and smiles. "Your actually a wolf" he breaths. I give him a wolfy smile. "Can you change back and explain this all to me?"

I nod and walk over to my pile of clothes. I pick them up and shift behind a tree. I put my clothes on then come back over to Colby. I sit on the rock next to him and start to explain.

Everything.

Word count: 1187
Okay this was a long one. I've been writing short ones recently so here you guys go! Love you💕