speechless

Shaynes POV 

I close the door and walk toward Damiens car. Both Courtney and Damien lean out of the windows of the car and cat call me. 

"Ayyyeeee Shayne with the lady skills," Courtney yells at me. 

"I see you Shayne!!" Damian whoops. 

I sit in the back seat and Damien pulls out of the driveway, heading to take Courtney home. 

"She was soooo into you," Damien starts.

"Really? How could you tell?" I sit up in my seat, needing to know the answer. 

"She was looking at you every 3 minutes when I was talking to her," Courtney explained. 

"There was a sparkle in her eyes when you talked to her, and what you said to her after her roommate made the toast was the nicest thing i've ever heard you said." Damien glances at you in the rear-view mirror. "You two have chemistry," he smiles. 

My mind processed their comments as I looked out of the window. I thought she was beautiful when I saw her at the gym but seeing her all dolled up she was stunning. From her hair to her shoes everything fit her perfectly. Her hair framed her face to accentuate her cheek bones and freckles (congrats you have freckles, oh and dimples), when she smiled it made her cheek dimple only on the right side of her face. Her eyes lit up when she talked about nursing and her passion, her personality was intoxicating and her aura was so warm. I could spend hours with her and never get bored, it'll be interesting to see her interact with my friends tomorrow night. I know Olivia will love her, and Noah will too but I don't know how she'll get along with Keith.

We say goodbye to Courtney as she gets out and Damien takes us home. 

...

My alarms jolts me awake, causing me to abruptly sit up and blink a couple of times. Rolling over in my bed I grab my phone, scrolling through my notifications from the night before. I have a couple unread messages and a million twitter notifications. I forgot I had tweeted some old draft while at y/n's party last night, so I delete the notifications. Clicking on the messages tab I see two people have messaged me. 

2:33am: Nicole: missing you lately, come to my place Wednesday night for some fun ;) 

3:21am: y/n: can't stop thinking about the nice things you said to me tonight, it meant a lot to hear you say. excited to get some one on one time with you Wednesday evening and meet your other friends tomorrow night! :)

My brain pulled me in so many directions. I really liked y/n, but small pieces of me still had feelings for Nicole. Her and I had so many good memories but at the same time she burned me pretty bad in the end. I never really recovered from the situation at the end. 

... (flashback) 

Nicole kissed me goodbye as she was heading to leave my place, her phone rings breaking up our hug. 

"Who's that?" I wonder, trying to see her phone screen. 

"Oh nobody, don't worry about it," she pecks my cheek and leaves. 

Recently she hasn't been around much. I ask her to come over or hang out with my friends and she tells me she's busy more often than not. She's been posting more on Instagram and has recently gotten a brand new hermes bag. I invited her to coffee one afternoon and she had it with her. 

The conversation was dry, she was on her phone pretty often. 

"Hey so uh, where'd you get the new bag from? I looks really nice." I chuckle, trying not to sound too upfront.