13.

Josiah
next day

"You did what I asked, nigga?"

"Yeah. I got it but what you tryna accomplish?"

"Does it matter?" I scoffed.

"Yeah, nigga."

"Why?"

"Because you got a girl out here waiting for you when you leave that bitch. And I know you baby bro, you don't even like drama. So I know you ain't tryna start some shit between Monty and this Kim bitch."

"Montana lied to me so she gon' feel me. Fuck all that other shit."

She was going to feel exactly how I felt right now but worse once I got out of here.

"You still on this stripper shit?"

"Nah. Something way deeper than that." I shook my head, not even wanting to repeat it.

"Aight man. If you think it's worth it then do you but I'm telling you this is going to end badly."

"Yeah aight." I hung up, looking down at the text he'd sent me with Kimberly's number.

Now Kimberly was a girl from high school that I fucked a couple times. I just never took her serious.

I can't lie though, from what I can remember, her sex was good as hell, maybe even better than Montana's. So I was on a mission to get it again then let the hood tell Montana all about it. Word gets around fast and I couldn't wait for her to hear about it.

Chuckling to myself, I texted the girl and then slid my phone into my pants.

Told her not to play with me.

*
Montana

"Messiah." I called from up the street, making him stop in his tracks while talking to one of his friends.

"What's up, Montana?"

"Nothing. I just need to talk to you." I walked up to him as he finished whatever it was he was doing with his friend before they quickly broke apart.

"What's up?" He asked, leaning on the wall.

"There's rumors going around about Joey and I'm not liking it." I explained and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Come here." He nodded his head toward the house.

Walking behind him, we made our way to his block and then into the house.

"Hey, Montana." Ms. Carol spoke, watching tv in the front room.

"Hey." I waved as Messiah and I walked into the kitchen.

"What did you hear?" He asked skeptical.

"Well this girl that we all used to go to school with is saying that Josiah asked for her number." I told him and he chuckled, shaking her head.

"What's her name?"

"Kimberly."

He stood there for a while contemplating something and I couldn't help but to think it was true for a second.

"Nah. I don't know nothing about that." He shrugged, nonchalantly.

"She said that he asked you to get it for him." I expressed, looking at him.

"Nah. She lying." He said, making me feel relieved.

"Don't let these bitches get to you. It's gon' be a bunch of bitches saying shit while he's gone. That don't mean it's true." He shrugged and I nodded.