6. Too Far

The Crystal Gems had all decided to call it a day as Steven needed to sleep and recharge for tomorrow.

"Pearl. Can you will stay here and rearrange the barn to make it easier to dismantle the items we need for the drill tomorrow?" Garnet says.

"I can do that!" Peridot suddenly calls out. 

"You can't be trusted to be alone." Garnet says. 

"Then I will stay with her." Y/n says and the Gems all look at him. "We can complete the task much faster if the two of us stay here."

"Y/N are you sure? Don't you have your room at the temple now?" Steven asks Y/n. 

"I'm sure Steven. That room does not feel like home to me I'm afraid." Y/n answers honestly.

"Garnet?" Pearl asks.

Garnet stands still for a moment seemingly looking into the distance for a moment. 

"They will be fine." She finally replies. "We will return tomorrow."     

"Well alright..." Pearl replies still unsure.

Steven says goodbye to Y/n and Peridot before he and the other gems warp back to the temple. 

Y/n turns and looks to Peridot now. 

"Shall we get started?" He asks her.

"That would be advisable." She replies.

 Peridot pulls up a strange looking device to her mouth. "Log date 7-11-1. The Y/n and I have been assigned to the barn for cataloging resources. The Black gem is surprisingly less intimidating then I was led to believe though they remain no less useful in our mission against the cluster." Peridot clicks a button. 

"What is that Peridot?" Y/n points to the device. 

"The Steven calls it a tape recorder. Since the Crystal Gems have destroyed my Limb enhancers I have been forced to use this primitive Earth device to log my observations."

"I see..." Y/n says thinking about earlier when he asked Steven to find away to make Peridot more comfortable with the collaborative arrangement she had reached with gems. It would seem this Tape recorder had been Steven's solution. Y/n did not stop Peridot from logging as he was quick to understand that this was Peridot's way of coping with her new surroundings and situation. Though he would admit he had learned several new ways to say the word 'Clod' That night.

It was the next day and the Gems had returned to the barn. Peridot is holding the tape recorder and speaking into it, using it to record all of her logs ever since her limb enhancers were thrown off the Galaxy Warp.

"Log date 7-11-2. It's the third rotation of the Earth since commencements of a..." Peridot inhales deeply. "...collaborative approach to stopping The Cluster."

"I've finished drawing out the blueprints for the drill head. Peridot, if you could come take a look at this." Pearl says to Peridot interrupting her.

Peridot stops recording on her recorder.

"Remind me again why I should listen to you? Oh, right." Peridot says. Before she rewinds her tape recorder.

Peridot then plays back a previous recording. "...The Pearl here has exhibited an aptitude for engineering that I begrudgingly respect, though that doesn't explain the spontaneous singing, crying, singing while crying."