Chapter 26 : Debut

3rd Person POV~

"And it is my pleasure to introduce One Direction." Simon smiled proudly while clapping, and signalling for all the boys to come to the front. Each of the boys made one hesitant look at each other, and took tiny breaths that seemed like the only thing they're lacking at the moment. Slowly, they took small steps, in one single line, they cringed at the ends of each other's shirts with clear uneasiness as they made the approach to where Simon was beaming proudly at them.

The boys held their breaths as they turned around, seeing a bunch of shy teenage girls, maybe even younger staring blankly at them for a few seconds. The boys stood their ground for a what seemed like hours, and suddenly applauds were heard. "OMG! They're so adorable!" one girl cooed while taking pictures of us. Each of the boys swallowed a big lump in their throat as they stared at the audience with awe. Seeing them blush and smile, and even take a picture or two.

The majority of the crowd was girls, and they felt somehow at ease. "What are their names?" A girl from the front asked shakily while eyeing all of us with interest, though she did let her gaze linger on a certain boy. Louis Tomlinson. Harry saw it too, the glint of interest in the girl's eye. He didn't know why he felt this way, so he just ignored it. Louis looked at the curly-headed boy and draped an arm around him while squeezing his shoulder in the process. There was an undeniable increase of squeals at this act, but Louis payed no mind to it, he was only worried about Harry.

Simon smiled and introduced each boy with the smile not leaving his face. The stage shook as more girls showed their support for the boys, calling out their names individually and cheering for One Direction. The boys felt literally comfortable at this point, except for Zayn. He felt stiff from all the attention, and wanted to depart, but Liam and Niall gripped on his kneecaps from the bottom of the table indicating for him to stay. Zayn felt like he was constantly being analyzed that he could barely breathe. What was he supposed to say when he was to introduce himself? He couldn't go all shy on stage, because frankly they'll notice something and probably judge him, so he chose to remain quiet.

Liam on the other hand felt like he needed to say a proper welcome to the girls, so he got up shakily, and took one of the awaiting mic's. "It's very nice to see you girls come to our support, though we barely know a thing about all this." he indicated to the music industry. "Please stay with us through and through... though I doubt we'll get that far.." the boy sighed for a seconds, but looked up into the audience once more, seeing them murmur to themselves, and out of nowhere, the girls cheered with pure glee. "ONE DIRECTION! ONE DIRECTION!" they chanted.

*~Liam POV~*

My heart was practically beating out of my chest. I couldn't believe how supportive these girls were. Though they've only know of our existence about an hour ago, they never ceased to put a smile on our faces. We have fans, we have have fans! My mind cheered happily. I barely knew what was going on, as Simon gave me a pat in the shoulder indicating for me to sit down, and that I did a great job.

The boys seemed to think the same thing as they soothed my back with happy smiles directed right at me. "Good job Li!" Niall whispered silently in my ear. "Thanks." I smiled wider at them, while stealing a few glances at Zayn. "You okay mate?" I tapped his quivering hands from beneath the table, and he winced a bit, throwing his hands in the air. Some girls noticed, some didn't. The ones who did looked at him quizzically then at me with the same expression. I gave them with a wink and a smile making them blush and squeal even louder.. oh boy.

"Y-yeah.. fine.." he mumbled under his breath. Zayn looked composed from the outside, but if you were to sit close enough to him, you can see in clear detail that he was a bit pale, his body shaky, and his furiously biting on his lip. I quickly took out my phone and gave a quick text to Uncle Simon asking if Zayn and I can excuse ourselves for a few minutes to get some.. air. My phone quickly buzzed seconds later saying that we just a few more minutes and we can go.