8. extra-strength condoms and "double-dates"

(Luca)
($ting by The Neighborhood)

|8.| extra-strength condoms and "double-dates"

"Hurry up, Em! It's almost eight and Luca should be on his way!" Sidney yelled as she burst into my room with Katalina, bombarding me with her impatience that Friday afternoon.

It'd been a whole day of trying to figure out what to wear it make this seem like a casual friend hang instead of a date. I didn't like Oliver like that and no matter how much Sidney was calling this a "double-date", it'd never be one.

I'd procrastinated the entire day after I'd arrived home to an empty house. Jackson was off doing God knows what and apparently mom and dad were in marriage counseling after dad had apologized profusely about the incident at dinner.

So staying home and lounging around as I wallowed in self-pity seemed like a good waste of time and a nice and effective way to put off homework.

"I can't believe you haven't even showered yet," Kat said, shaking her head in disappointment as she looked over what I was wearing. I'd scanned Sidney's outfit as well, seeing her in simple black leggings, Timberlands, and a t-shirt with a print of tropical flowers on a tan pyramid background. She was wearing light make up that Kat had obviously styled and her long hair was braided into two goddess braids.

She'd put effort into her appearance which heightened my suspicion that she'd liked Luca back. Sid never tried to impress, and even though her outfit nor makeup said nothing, the winged eyeliner and braided glossy hair did.

She cared if Luca liked the way she looked.

"Unless you're going in those short shorts and tank top, I suggest you get up and shower while Sid and I pick I something for you to wear," Kat warned as Sid grabbed the towel that was hanging off my door and threw it at me.

And with that, they pushed me into me and Jackson's shared bathroom and closed the door shut, blasting out The Neighborhood as I got in.

⌄⌃⌄⌃⌄⌃⌄

"Kat!" I yelled as she yanked harshly at my hair, the comb no doubt having a bit of my scalp in it as well.

"It's not my fault that you were born with tu cabello esta bien espeso, pollita ingrata!" She yelled back at me, stomping her foot when the comb had gotten stuck again. It'd been the third time and Katalina was probably planning my oncoming death.

"I mean, I know you're the foreign one here but... were you even speaking human?" Sid mocked, stopping and spinning around in my desk chair with her hands held up in a 'just saying' kind of way when Kat glared at her.

She was many things but patient was not one of them.

"Your hair turns into flipping Incredible Hulk everytime you shower, it's not even fair!" She yelled, "Sidney's hair isn't even this hard to manage."

"It's not my fault! Not everyone was born with your fucking perfect silky hair!" Sid yelled from the closet. It'd been forever and she still hadn't found me an outfit that, and I quote, "will get me laid."

Rolling my eyes, I yanked the comb out and glared at my pouting friend before I stood up and sprayed heat protectant all over my hair before I began straightening.

"Aha!" Sidney yelled after two hours of mindless searching. I'd already finished my hair and Kat had time to do my makeup before running oil sheen through my waves.

Sauntering out of the closet, Sidney produced a tight black crop top with the words 'death over dishonor' in white letters and some skinny jeans. Before I could ask what I was putting on my feet, she grabbed my white Air-Force 1s before yanking off my shirt herself and replacing it with the top.