Chapter 3: Will You Comeback?

-"Alright now. Since all of you kids are here let's begin." The man with the dossier announced.

Soobin and Hyunwook glanced at each other as saying "We'll continue this conversation later".

The man continued.

-"First things first, my name is Changho and I'll be your coach or tutor, however you see me better as."

All of the trainees were listening carefully.

-"I'm obviously aware that all of you boys each, had a separate meeting after you've been accepted in this company so I'm sure our CEO has explained everything that you'll be doing here from this moment on."

As changho said this all the boys nodded in agreement.

-"My main job will be to make sure you debut even more talented than you came in. I'm a choreographer so your dance lessons will be with me. Lessons other than dance ones, will be with other teachers but I'll be present since I have to take notes on your progress."

The trainees kept listening carefully.

-"I have a few more things I need to explain...."

...

About half an hour had passed before Changho ended the meeting.

-"That'll be all for today. Before you leave, I have your schedules for the rest of year. Please note that just few of you will be able to debut this year or actually, maybe none of you will. It only depends on how much you work hard here and if we are able to see through your passion and talent or not. This means that after the year is over the ones that didn't debut, will stay here, so a new schedule will be made for them."

With Changho's truthful but harsh words, Soobin felt a bit attacked but he knew that it was only an advice coming from Changho's part. He knew that he just had to keep working hard and show them that he had what it took if he wanted to debut, still that year.

Soobin and Hyunwook got up to get their schedules.

-"This seems like a lot of work..." Hyunwook said, already with the paper in his hands.

Soobin shook his head in agreement.

-"I'll see you all tomorrow." Changho parted ways with the trainees for the rest of the day.

After the meeting ended and the boys had their schedules, as they were walking out of the building, Soobin began to wonder if Hyunwook was placed in the same apartment as him.

Already outside, Soobin turned to Hyunwook and asked. -"Do you think it's possible that we are in the same dorm?"

-"I guess we'll know very soon. The van is here." Hyunwook said this with a hopeful expression on his face as he saw the van arriving, that would take them to their dorms.

A man came out of the van.

-"I'm here to only take the ones that were put in the apartment downtown. To the rest of you you have to wait here until I come back to get you."

Soobin knew that that was his apartment.
But would that be Hyunwook's too?

-"That's where I'm staying. I'm going, are you?" Soobin asked Hyunwook, hoping the answer would be "Me too".

Hyunwook felt happy hearing this, seeing as he was going to be staying with his new friend, although he tried to hide his feeling.
-"I guess we'll be staying together then."

Soobin sighted in relief.
-"I'm happy to hear this." Soobin didn't try to hide his happiness like Hyunwook. He wasn't afraid to show how he felt.
-"Let's go then." Soobin demanded.

In the van, Soobin and Hyunwook sat together in the back.

-"So what floor are y-"

RING...RING...RING...

Soobin quickly got interrupted by the sound of ringing.

-"Hello?" Hyunwook answered the phone.

As Hyunwook was listening to the person on the other side of the call, Soobin realized that Hyunwook was beginning to look and sound very shocked.
So he felt worried and was curious as to what or who, suddenly, made Hyunwook like that.

-"Okay, I'll be there right now."
Hyunwook hung up.

-"Are you okay?" Soobin asked.

Hyunwook looked at Soobin with a penetrating look.

-"Oh I'm fine, but as soon as we arrive I'll have to go somewhere so I'm afraid I'm not going to be seeing you anymore today."

As Soobin heard that, his worry got stronger.
He didn't want to seem evasive so he didn't ask Hyunwook where he was going and just nodded in understanding.

The rest of the ride was room to an awkward silence between them.

...

After 7 minutes they finally arrived at their destination.
The driver got out of the van and opened the door for the trainees.

-" Alright guys, we're here. Tomorrow at 8:00 a.m on point, I'll be right here waiting for you all. You must be here on time otherwise you'll have to walk there because I'm not allowed to wait for you. Have a good evening, I'll see you tomorrow." The driver said in a rush as he still needed to go back to get the other trainees, that were waiting at BigHit's building.

The boys who were already outside, understood, so they nodded.

-"I really have to go, but I'll see you here tomorrow on time." Hyunwook's words just left Soobin with more questions.

-"O-Oh...okay." Soobin stuttered.

Hyunwook was about to leave...

-"Wait! Aren't you going to get some of your things at least?" Soobin suddenly asked.

Hyunwook noticed Soobin's worry.
-"No, it's fine. I'm not going to need it."

Soobin was left even more clueless.
"Why is he acting so mysterious?"; "When is he going to come back?", these were questions going through Soobin's mind in that moment.

They both looked at each other as if they would never see each other again.
Even though Hyunwook would be back he felt that their goodbye seemed much more distant than it actually was to Soobin, but he just didn't trust him enough to tell him the reason he had to leave this way.

As Hyunwook walked away, Soobin realized he wanted to ask him one question more. If he was going to walk to whatever place he was going. And where he was going, was it far or near?

That left Soobin wondering.