Chapter 50

"...stock price dropped by at least one point nine percent margin after the news about the alleged romantic relationship between the Kim Group of Companies CEO Jennie Kim and Thailand's Crown Princess Pranpriya--,"

"Funny how they seem to show so much interest about all these and yet the market says otherwise," Jennie commented, her voice tainted with sarcasm.

"It's not everyday that we get to wake up to a dating news between a company heiress who has been keeping herself away from the public eyes all these years and a royal who has apparently been running away from her birth right, Lady Kim. You two really are creating a certain dynamic unlike any others. The public is torn between loving it and incarcerate you both for it. Im other words, they're jealous," their family lawyer said and muted the volume of the LED screen.

"No, keep that on. I want to listen," Jennie said.

The woman with a short dark hair and wearing a thick, round-rimmed spectacles shrugged and pressed the remote button again and the voice of the anchorman filled once again inside the private jet.

"Both parties have yet to release a statement about this shocking revelation and now the public, and probably the whole world, is on the edge as we all wait for the development of this story--,"

Jennie snorted. "They really should be using other photos by now if they want the public to be 'on the edge'," she said in a strained voice while her eyes were still fixed on the TV screen, where the photo of Lisa and her inside the Impala was shown. "It's been two days and they're still feasting over the same photos and running the same headlines. It's starting to become boring, if they ask me."

"And yet, you can't turn that off so we can at least fly in peace," Mrs Kim commented nonchalantly as she busied herself with The Herald.

They were flying inside the Cessna Citation Longitude, the family-owned private jet. With them were Mrs. Kim's personal assistant, the family lawyer, a unit of security aides and Felicity, the stylist from Gustav's clothing store, which Mrs Kim insisted that her service was essential to the trip.

"I just want to know if they've already found something," Jennie replied defensively.

"Clearly, they haven't or they'd be talking about it already. Besides, it's good news, really, because it only means that the Kim Security Group is doing its job blocking everything about you," Mrs. Kim said from the seat next to the aisle, recalling on the back of her mind how she issued grave warning to everyone on the KSG to clean up the mess or she'd have to fire all of them. "Anyway, that really shouldn't be your concern by now. You heard the news. Our stocks are down --,"

"And Lisa," Jennie interjected, ignoring her mom's comment about the stocks.

"What about her?" Mrs. Kim asked, blinking as she lowered her spectacles just right at the bridge of her nose and threw Jennie a confused look.

"They haven't found her yet, too," Jennie huffed. "She really did an impressive job maintaining a low profile all these years. It's just incredible how nobody have found out yet about her place in Hongdae --  I mean, it's just there and her name's outside her building for everyone to see -- and yet they're still clueless. It's actually funny," Jennie said as the corners of her mouth curved slowly while staring at Lisa's face on the screen. She missed that face. It had been two days and yet there was still no words from Lisa. It was frustrating her, but she chose not to talk about it with anyone. Not even with Jisoo who called her before the flight to wish her good luck and to inform her that she was to meet Chaeyoung later "to discuss things related to the situation."