(I)Now Would Be A Good Time To Be Anyone But Me

"Alexia, it's not what you think." He said as he attempted to button his dress shirt with his hands trembling. His countenance was overshadowed by shock and disbelief.

There weren't enough words in the English language to describe what I was feeling.

Have you ever seen something so disturbing that it causes your stomach to churn?

Yes?

That is exactly how I felt seeing my bestfriend of five years with my sorry excuse of a boyfriend.

The same boyfriend that had promised me an umpteen times that we would be together forever. The same boyfriend that said we were inseparable.

He lied.

If you think that's bad, the words that came next snatched my heart right out of my chest and crushed it relentlessly.

"It's not like you're in love with her. Remember you said the only reason you're with her because you wanted a place to stay. You said we could be together once you got back on your feet." She said staring into his dark, deceitful eyes. I wanted nothing more than to gouge them out.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my human diary, my heart in human form, my closest and most trusted companion, my bestfriend of five years and counting,Jessica Reid.

I was shook to the core. How could she?

That two-faced, hollow hearted bitch.

This was the same girl that was being bullied and I came running to her rescue. The more popular girls from our school, Trinity Cove High, mocked her for being freakishly tall and skinny. She almost looked anorexic with her slim figure.

This was the same girl I thought would have my back right to the very end.

"Enjoy the rest of your pathetic lives together." I shouted, not giving either of them the chance to go any further. Tears streamed uncontrollably down my flawed face. My forehead was a bit too large for my liking. I wish I could have a smaller nose and my lips were awfully pale and to make matters worse, I was bawling my eyes out.

There could not have be an excuse as to why my bestfriend was in my bed, with my boyfriend. They were both stark naked. Naked as the day they were born.

I would make them regret that day.

I ran straight for the door, slamming it shut on the way to make it known that I was beyond angry. Angry would be an understatement. I was infuriated.

I could feel the blood boiling in every vein of my body. I could feel my head pulsing. My palms felt clammy and wet and my eyesight was blurry from the tears spilling over the rims of my deep-brown eyes.

In my current state I couldn't even manage to mutter a word much less complete a sentence but I could use my actions to send a clear message.

A message even the deaf could hear.

The sound of the door shutting ricocheted off the concrete walls.

Mission accompanied.

I think I got the message across well.

This was not how it was supposed to go. I was supposed to return to my dorm after a long day of classes and I would lay on Aaron's chest venting about my dim-witted peers.

Afterwards, I would phone Jessica to help her with her English and then I would prepare for the next day.

When Jessica came to Trinity Cove from Cuba, she hardly knew any English. It's been five years since I've befriended her and her English has greatly improved.

The evening quickly took a wild turn when I heard some very...passionate noises coming from inside. I thought maybe a movie was on although the sounds were so detailed, so real. Too real.

I mean it could not have been anything else other than a movie. Right?

I pushed aside all logics and turned towards my reasoning.

I slowly turned the knob, sure that a movie was on but at the same time expecting the worst.

Well, you know how that turned out.

I ran until my toes ached. Why did I wear these shoes again. They were way to tight. My mom told me to get one size up but being the stubborn, hard-headed 18 year old I am, I didn't listen. She always asked if a stick broke in my ear.

I cut through the middle of the wide parking lot in an attempt to get off the campus as quickly as possible. I completely disregarded every rule of safety in the books.

I went as fast as my little feet could carry me. I bet I looked like a stupid penguin.

"Boom."

My small frame went limp. All I could see was bright red, orange and white circles.

I tried blinking to clear my vision but everything was so blurry and I had a killer headache that made it difficult to even keep my eyes open.

Was I dead?

Was I daydreaming?

Why is my entire body hurting?
Ugh! So many questions.

I felt so tired. Maybe I should take a nap.

I allowed my body to fall in a heap to the group and an infinite darkness slowly enveloped me.

________________________________________Authors Note: I'm an aspiring writer and this will be my first book

Authors Note: I'm an aspiring writer and this will be my first book.

Feel free to message me with any suggestions.

Remember to
♡like
♡comment
♡tell a friend

Read on to know Alexia's fate.