28 | losing control

| meliorism |
chapter twenty-eight
daddy issues ❞

| meliorism |chapter twenty-eight❝ daddy issues ❞

  ҉  ҉  ҉

    The sun shined bright and heavy. The breeze travelled its long distance towards the require area where they were, standing. The trees watched with curiosity, stopping their daily process and admiring what they were up to. There was bet and a celebration in the woods, someone had bet upon the gods of what was going to be done, while the flora and fauna could feel the excitement of the energy being released.

It was going to be hard day, she could feel it in her bones. But finally, after what it felt like years, she was getting part of the answers she wanted. There was a mixture of excitement and fear battling inside her, she just hoped the best of them won.

    For the past few days, Rhena and Charles had been training in the woods every morning before school and work. Sometimes with her powers, but most of the times with her physical strength. Her father had not told her the whole truth, only fragments of what she was, it was a lot to take on; but she didn't care, she was desperate and craved for answers.

    Rhena watched her father gather leaves and rocks of different colors and sizes, and watched with curiosity what he was doing. He was displaying them in a circle around her, only muttering to himself. She bit the inside of her cheek, exhaling deeply.

    "Dad?" she called, he didn't looked up, but hummed in response, and she took it as a signal to continue talking "I don't understand what are you doing...could you stop with the mysteries and rhymes and just be straight with me?" she spoke with a low voice, fearing that she might make him angry.

    "alright, I'll be straight with you" he shrugged and she is raised her eyebrows, surprised that it didn't took any effort to make him do it "we come from a bloodline of special people, that's the first thing you have to know"

    She watched him finished aligning the rocks and leaves in a perfect circle around her. He stood straight and turned to see her, sighing.

    "women have the gift while the men have the intuition, but being either is dangerous" he spoke carefully, and she felt like she was leaning a secret, something that was meant to be hidden "our species have been divided over centuries, the ones who think they should rule them all, and the ones who want to protect them all"

    She furrowed her eyebrows, tilting her head lightly "and i'm..."

    Charles sighed heavily, but answered her honestly "you have been trained to be one in specific, but it wasn't your choice, I want you to make it for yourself and that will be your destiny"