Chapter 17

Calvin's POV

"Let me just start by saying, everything you saw was real. Joe really turned into a wolf. You really felt that pain in your side," I explain, trying to reassure him that he is not crazy.

Miles nods along, a confused look in his eyes. "How was it real? It's not possible," he questions, not believing my statement.

"It was real because my family and pack are werewolves. We can all shift at any time," I say with a serious face. We are both sitting on the bed, me holding his hands.

He tilts his head, his adorable puppy eyes making him look even more like a puppy. He seems to be processing the information.

Once he's done processing, he says the one thing I didn't expect, "Cool."

I look at him in disbelief. "Cool?"

"Yea, it's cool," he states confidently, not believing anything is weird.

I say slowly, "Why aren't you freaking out?"

He scoffs and exclaims, "Do you want me to freak out because I can. Omg! This is insane! I don't believe you! Ahhhhh!" He fake screams, putting his hands on his face in mock horror.

I roll my eyes, not liking how he is making fun of me. Getting over it quickly, I ask, "Any questions?"

"Yea, what was the weird pain I felt? I felt like I was stabbed but I was completely fine?"

"You were feeling my pain, I was stabbed on my left side by a hunter," I inform.

"You were stabbed? How are you healed already?" He practically screams. I chuckle at his question, him seemingly forgetting that he just learned I'm a werewolf.

"I'm a werewolf... We heal fast," I say with a 'duh' tone.

A look of realization forms on his face, and he proceeds to face palm himself. I laugh at him again, enjoying seeing him so accepting of this secret.

Soon his face turns to one of question, and he asks, "Why did I feel your pain?"

This is where I'm worried he will freak out. "We are mates. Another word for soul mates. Mates are assigned by the Moon Goddess, she creates a pair who are perfectly matched, and bind their souls together. We are connected by our souls."

Miles' eyes get wide and a look of understanding crosses his face. "That's why I felt so connected and attracted to you!"

This time, it's my turn to scoff at him, "Maybe you just felt attracted to me because I'm hot!"

He laughs, saying, "Keep telling yourself that, old man!"

I scowl, not liking being called old. I'm only 24! I'm in my prime.

Miles suddenly turns to me, a look of accusation appearing on his face, "Hey! You turned me gay!"

I chuckle loudly, laughing at the statement. Once I'm done laughing, I send him a smirk and say, "You're welcome."

He then laughs and pushes me, not making me budge at all.

I suddenly grow nervous, worried he is just lying to make me feel better. "Are you sure you're okay with this? Me being a werewolf and you being fated to be with me?"

He responds with, "Sure I'm a little in shock, but I thought I was crazy before. Now I just know that what I saw was real and I'm perfectly sane. That's what I was hoping for."

"Good, I couldn't deal with you running away, I need you by my side."

"Where would I go? I'm practically homeless," he says kind of sadly.

I pull him into a hug and whisper in his ear, "Your home is with me."

We soon separate, him wiping his eyes.

With fake enthusiasm, he asks, "Anything else I need to know?"

"There is the mating process," I say, fearful of the reaction I'm going to get.

His face grows curious and says sarcastically, "Ooo, sounds scary."

I start explaining, "The process starts when mates are near each other, they can smell their scent. It's the most wonderful smell. Then the mates lock eyes, and their world stops. It's only them two. The next step is the marking, one mate will mark the other by biting deep into their neck, laying claim to them. It will never go away. And the last step is sex."

His eyes widen, but still has that curious look in them. "What do I smell like?"

"Is that seriously all that you got from that?" I ask in disbelief. I look at him like he is crazy, but he just motions with his hands for me to tell him. "You smell like honey and flowers."

"Oooh, fun! Let me try to smell you!" He says, giddy with excitement. He gets close and puts his nose to my neck, sniffing in strongly.

His nose skims my neck and I shudder, loving the feeling of my mate so close.

He pulls away too soon and has a thinking face on. "I think you smell like mint and chocolate! My favorite combination!"

"Okay, little rabbit. How about we get ready for bed, you've had a big day," I say, just wanting to sleep after this long day.

He nods and goes to get ready for bed. I just sit on the bed and think about the attack. Why would the rogues and hunter be working together? Why are they targeting us?

Miles steps out of the bathroom, and I walk in. I do my business and brush my teeth. I step back into the room to see Miles sprawled our on the bed. He wastes no time.

I go onto my side, and pull Miles into me. I know he likes to cuddle as he goes to sleep. He snuggles his head into my chest, wrapping one arm around my waist. I lay on my back, letting him get comfortable.

I soon fall asleep with my mate in my arms, wondering what the rogues and hunters are after.