•21•

Luckily my fitting went well, and the girls Were recently nice, much better than the girls I had to work with in New York.
It's late, I'm tired, and Tom is still calling me.
I pull into the driveway, going inside and plopping myself on the couch. The tv is on lowly as my parents are upstairs sleeping.
My phone dings and I groan, looking down expecting to see a text from Tom, but it's from Daniel.
Daniel: hey Elle, can I come by at talk? I know it's late..
Elle: come on by.
Why did I agree to this? I don't know..
I wait a bit, and hear a car pull up outside. I get up and step outside the door, waiting on the porch for him.
"Hey hope you don't mind, my parents are sleeping" I say.
"No, no problem" he says. "Look I need to talk to you about something"
"Go on" I encourage.
"Elle you are wonderful, like actually a goddess. I'm so lucky to have you" he starts and I smile. "While yes that's great right now.. I need more in my future."
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"I'm graduating in a few months, and I'm going to be working in the music business.. and I need more than a trophy wife.. I want more than that."
"What are you saying?" I laugh. "We're just 18 it's not like either of us have our lives planned out yet"
"That's the thing Elle. I do. I have my life planned and I don't see you being a part of it unless you mature and get a real career." He says bluntly.
"So you want me to change who I am?" I ask.
"Not change, develop" he says.
"All this time your friends say I'm nothing more than beautiful.. you never stood up for me. Now I know why.. you agree with them"
"Elle don't turn this into that.." he sighs.
"That's what this is Daniel! And I'm sorry but I'm happy with who I am. I am successful, I am talented at what I do, and I'm making more money in one fashion show than you probably will in a year. So why don't you fuck off and find someone who's so insecure that they're willing to trade who they are to fit your mold. Cause it sure as fuck isn't me." I say.
"My friends were right" he laughs. "You're nothing but a bitchy spoiled brat"
He walks off to his car, slamming the door after he gets in and speeding away. I sit down on the front porch steps and rest my head in my knees. Fuck. I'm crying again? Why did that even happen? I deserved it..
I hear footsteps and lift my head.
"Hey, are you okay?"
"Please go away Tom" I say, wiping my tears away and standing up.
"I'm not going away.. I just saw Daniel speed off and you crying. I need to know you're okay." He says.
"Seriously Tom just fuck off okay?!" I yell at him.
"You aren't getting rid of me"
"Do you not understand? I don't want you here!" I yell.
"Why are you pushing me away? What's changed?!" He raises his voice.
"Because loving you is exhausting Tom!" I yell, sitting back down and looking at the ground.
There it is.. I told him...
Tom comes to his knees so he's eye level with me, he lifts my chin to look at him, but I can't hold his gaze.
"You love me?" He asks.
"I know I shouldn't, and I don't want to ruin our friendship.. I just-"
He grabs my face in his hands, pulling my face to him. Pressing his lips onto mine, hard. I feel a cold streak shock through me before everything warms. I kiss him back intensely, wrapping my arms around his neck. My senses are going crazy. I'm kissing Tom? How the fuck is this happening?!
"I love you too" he mumbles before kissing me again.
"Elle? You home?" I head my mom yell from inside the house. They must have woken up, hopefully not due to my yelling.
"You have to go" Tom sighs, pulling away. "Promise you won't cry anymore tonight?"
"I'll see you in the morning" I smile.
"Till then babygirl" he says, kissing my forehead.
_____
Monday. I always ride to school with Tom, as I hate driving in London. Today will be different though, because he loves me back!
"What are you smiling about?" My mom asks as I eat my breakfast.
"Nothing" I shake my head.
There's a honk outside and I jump up.
"Bye!" I say, grabbing my backpack and hurrying out to the car.
"Hey" I get in the car, buckling my seat belt.
"Good morning" Tom smiles, leaning over to me and pressing a kiss to my lips. "I got you tea"
"I could get use to this" I smile, taking the tea from his hand.
"Well you better, cause I'm not going anywhere"
He pulls out of my driveway and rests his hand on my knee. Tingles shoot through my body at the subtle gesture.
"So as much as I love this.. we need to discuss how we're going to tell the group" he says.
"Tell the group?" I question. "About what?"
We're not necessarily a couple yet. We just admitted our love for each other last night.
"I mean I don't know I figured confessing my undying love to you last night and you reciprocating made for something to tell the group" he laughs.
"It does if you want it to" I say.
"I do" he nods.
"Me too"
"I have an idea.. but I don't know if you'll be on board" he says.
"Hide it from them?" I ask.
"You read my mind" he laughs.
We get to school and he parks his car.
"friends until I pull you off to my car at lunch?" He asks.
"Okay" I smile.
We get out of the car and he walks me to class. As 'friends'
"I'll see you later babygirl" he whispers before walking out.
I take my seat and Haz raises his brow at me.
"You and Tom good?" He asks.
Honestly I didn't even really notice what he said, I was just happy to see one of my best friends, not upset with me anymore.
"Yeah, are we good?" I ask.
"Yeah" he smiles.
"Thank god" I say.
Classes go by, and lunch time comes. I wait at my locker for Tom.
"Hey, coming with?" Baylee asks, on her way to the cafeteria.
"I can't" I say.
"Why not?" She asks.
"I'll tell you later, drama with Daniel" I say which is half true.
"Okay, I expect to hear everything" she says.
"Absolutely"