Chapter 8: Team Poo Poo

Chapter 8

Gloss Kaiser Schlund

Team Poo Poo

"Big, big booty. What you got a big booty!" We all yell, singing Jennifer Lopez's Booty, blaring in the speakers. Kaila said we should have a sleepover together, and by together means, Kaila, Kevin and I. Yes, Kevin is here with us. Kaila invited Kevin too.

I always see Kevin with his jock friends. He always smiles at me whenever we pass each other at the cafeteria. Either that or he'd nod at me. He decided to talk to me and befriend me. Iggy Azalea's verse comes in and, much to our shock, Kevin sings it.

"Begging me to drop down, on the floor right now, Iggy on the top!" He sings. Pretty much, he has a good voice. Deep and sounds sensual. "The last time the world's seen a booty this good, it was on 'Jenny From The Block'!" He continues to sing until we join him. Even though he's rapping, his voice still manages to sound good.

"Wow, KK. You've got a good voice," Kaila states as she stares at Kevin, and it's starting to make Kevin uncomfortable. He shifts uncomfortable. It seems like when it comes to complimenting his voice, he gets uncomfortable.

"Uh, thanks?" He says, scratching the back of his neck, his cheeks starting to flood with pink. Kaila nods eagerly and Kevin smiles at us. For a moment, I freeze. I've seen his smile, but it seems his smile is luring me. It seems directed to me, but it's facing us. I look away.

I pull off Kaila's driveway and get out of the car, followed by Kaila and Kevin. Kaila's house is just near mine, or Noah's, or Richard's. Whatever. We head inside. The smell of fried chicken fills the air and our stomachs grumble. Mrs. Rodriguez comes out of the kitchen area and sees us.

"Good evening, Shelly!" I chirp happily.

"Gloss! Oh I miss you so much!" She says, coming over to us. She hugs me and plants a kiss on my forehead. Shelly and I are close. In fact, I treat her as my second mom. She eyes Kevin and asks, "And who is this fine, young, looking handsome guy?"

"Mom, this is Kevin. Our new friend." Kaila says as Kevin and Kelly shake hands.

"Good evening and hi, Mrs. Rodriguez!" Kevin says.

"They'll sleepover, okay, Mom?" Kaila states.

"Okay, I'll call you for dinner!" She shoos us and the three of us run upstairs, to Kaila's room.

When we get inside of her room, everything is neat and tidy. Her books are aligned on the shelf. Her bed, with everything pink, is made. God, she loves pink. The walls of her room, as expected, are painted with pink, but light. We all sit on her queen size bed and talk about school, joke with each other, and goof around.

Suddenly, Kaila blurts out something that captures my attention. My eyes are wide, looking at Kaila, as if she's killed someone innocent.

"You like him," She says, looking at Kevin. Kevin just stares at her, wide eyes. "You like Gloss, don't you? You're gay."

"What the hell, Kaila!" I gape at her, still wide eyes. Kevin looks at me and his face falls, hurt flicks on it but then it disappears. Kevin denies it but Kaila shakes her head. "He's not gay, okay. It's not a good joke, Kaila."

"Gloss, my instinct says Kevin is gay. And you are gay, Kevin." She says as she arches an eyebrow at Kevin. Kevin shifts his body uncomfortably. I look at him, waiting to defend himself. But it never comes. "See, Gloss. He's gay and he likes you."