2.6

Scottie leaned against Steve as she watched Shuri scan the stone on Vision's head, her eyes staring intently at the hologram that then projected over his palm. Scottie couldn't explain to any of them the sudden sickness that she felt in her stomach, her hands warming slightly as if the stone was telling her to stop this from happening.

Steve cast her a concnered look as he felt the warmth in her wrists as she stood against him, his mind instantly realising that his original thoughts about Scottie and the stone might be right. The girl looked at him, so sharply that he understood that it was too late to stop this from happening. Scottie had known that the stone being destroyed might change everything for her, but she knew that this mission could not fail.

"Whoa. The structure is polymorphic," Shuri explained, her eyes lapping up every inch of the hologram in front of her. She furrowed her eyebrows as she studied it, almost thinking of how stupid it had been to attach it all individually.

"Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially," Bruce nodded, almost sounding impressed with himself at the effort that they had put into creating the android in front of them. Scottie rolled her eyes as she remembered how Ultron had almost been born the exact same way, but quickly moved back to the conversation they were having.

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?"

Everyone turned to look at Bruce, awaiting his response even if they didn't understand the comment. Vision even turned to look at the man quizzically, causing Bruce to shuffling slightly uncomfortably on his feet as he faced scrutiny for something they did years ago.

"Because... we didn't think of it?" He almost asked back, disappointment in his tone as he realised that the girl was right. It would have not only saved them lots of time in the beginning but this process would have been sorted much quicker too.

"I'm sure you did your best."

Scottie and Natasha had to hide their grins at the level of sass that came out of the young Princess. She was the first person they had ever met minus Tony that had been able to outsmart the scientist in front of them and it was something they were pleasantly enjoying.

"Can you do it?" Wanda interrupted, not wanting this process to fail. She wasn't looking forward to destroying the stone but she knew if Vision was separated from it them everything should be okay.

"Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures," Shuri explained, knowing how important it was to them all to keep Vision alive for the process. She turned to look at T'Challa, a determined look in her eyes. "It will take time, brother."

"How long?" Steve asked, turning away from where he had been trying to make Scottie look at him. The man was disappointed that she was still hiding things from them after everything they had all been through together.

"As long as you can give me."

Scottie took a deep breath as soon as she heard the alarm from the hand of the bald woman on the opposite side of the room. The girl turned to look at the globe that was hovering above the general's hand, noticing the location marker that seemed to pulse frantically.

"Something's entered the atmosphere."

Almost as if it had been planned, the communications unit in their ears all crackled to life as Sam's voice filled the line. It was a little crackly from the Wakandan tech outdating their own, but it was still clear enough for them all to know what he was trying to say.

"Hey, Cap, we got a situation here."

"Yeah, don't start celebrating yet, guys. We got more incoming outside the dome."