27 - Truth

During Mina's free time, she had done her best to research about her real family. She had barely anything to go off of, only knowing that they were south. That was all she knew. So she started with as south as she could go. Searching up the Antarctic packs. There was nothing recent, so she kept digging. She was in her twenties, making the news of a missing child being over twenty years.

She then found something that had caught her eye, a news article from two years ago...

Arctic Packs Final Message for Missing Daughter

She clicked the article, reading through it.

'The Arctic packs have searched their boundaries for over twenty years looking for any sign of their missing pup. Some have called off the search, but leaders have continued the trek, searching everywhere for even the most morbid of answers.

At this point, they are hoping to find a frozen body of sorts, but the parents are hopeful their daughter is out there alive and thriving.'

Mina looked at the photo of the baby, taking a close look at the face... She looked up and saw her own moles on her face, matching the baby's...

"Oh fuck..." Mina whispered.

"Did you just.." Mina looked up, seeing Nayeon holding an empty basket in her hands.

"No." Mina shook her head.

"Yes you did. You swore!" She gasped. Nayeon took off down the stairs, Mina hot on her trail trying to stop her. "Mom! Mom!" Nayeon shouted. "Mina swore! Mina swore!" She laughed loudly.

"I did not! She's lying!" Mina yelled while running after her. Nayeon ran around the island counter in the kitchen, waiting to see where Mina was going to go next.

"Can't go anywhere now Mina." Nayeon wiggled her eyebrows, smirking at the omega.

"Just watch." Mina growled, she went left, causing Nayeon to run right. Mina turned quickly, tackling Nayeon to the ground. She pinned her down, holding her wrists, laughing.

"Why are you so strong?!" Nayeon grunted under her weight.

"Why are you weak?" Mina mocked right back.

"Girls! You are both adults!" Their mother shouted at them. "Mina stop pretending to be an alpha and get off your sister." She scolded.

"Fine." Mina mumbled.

"Ha!" Nayeon smirked.

"Nayeon, stop being a submissive alpha. Or your sister will always overpower you." Her mother added. Mina stuck her tongue out at her elder, laughing as her sister scrunched her nose at her.

"She's only like that because her mate taught her that." Jeongyeon smirked.

"You did." Mina pointed at her. "I tried running from you and that's what you did to me. Then you pushed me and yanked my hair." Mina frowned. "Then you tried spitting on me." Jeongyeon started laughing nervously, wrapping her arm around Mina's shoulders.

"I thought I told you to never repeat that in front of mom." She whispered in her ear. Mina struggled under her grasp, attempting to wiggle free, but failing miserably.

"Not like you're my real sister anyway." Mina grumbled. Jeongyeon froze, looking down at her sister. Nayeon looked up, then back at her mother.

"What?" Jeongyeon frowned. Mina shook her head, finally breaking free. She retreated back to her room, shutting her door. She felt a tightness in her chest, she didn't mean for it to come out... But it did... She looked back at her laptop, seeing the article still up. She saw the link to offer any kind of information... She could get away from it all... So she sent them an email. With a picture of herself for proof.

Eve walked up to Mina's room, seeing her sitting in her nest clutching onto her penguin. She remembered it all like it was yesterday. The little girl chose the penguin... Out of all of the animals she could've had... A penguin, and it was consistent, never a new animal... Just penguins.

"Mina..." Eve called out. She looked up, Eve could see the fear in her eyes.

"I didn't mean it." She whispered, immediately submitting to her mother.

"I think.... It's time we talked..." She sighed. She shut the door behind her, sitting on Mina's bed she took a deep breath. She didn't know how to tell her daughter this... The biggest lie that she had been living. But honestly, she felt that Mina was her own blood.

"I saw an oracle when I was with Sana... She said I was far.... Far from home." Mina said quickly. "That my parents... Wait for me to come home everyday..." She sniffed.

"That's why you said what you said?" Eve asked. Mina nodded. "Mina... You... I.." Eve struggled for the right words to say. "Yes... You're adopted." She finally spoke. Mina clutched onto her penguin tighter, she always knew she was different, but she didn't want to hear it... "Your father and I found you.... Found you in a box near a dumpster... You were so little.. We thought whoever left you.. Was just so cruel.." She explained. "After reporting you to the authorities.. No one claimed you... So we went through the process, adopting you as one of our own." She added.

"So you don't even know where I came from?" Mina asked, tears in her eyes.

"No.. But we do consider you as one of our own." Eve whispered. Mina nodded, not knowing what to do now. She stood up from her nest, going to her bed. She sat next to her mother, resting her head on her shoulder.

"Even if I'm adopted... You've been the best mom to me." Mina whispered. Eve smiled, wrapping the young omega in a tight embrace. "Do we tell dad I know I'm adopted?" She asked.

"Never." Eve laughed.