Chapter Twenty-Nine

Charlie's POV

   Almost every villain from every Disney film was looking at me. Some scowling, some laughing, all of them just staring, thinking they were scaring me. I wonder if they'd get fussy if I showed them I wasn't scared? The thought made me laugh—a bunch of big, scary, mostly grownup villains mad because one little boy isn't scared of them!

"This is the kid we were waiting for?" I heard someone say, I think it was Scar.

   "He is. Has the toon scientist been found?" Maleficent asked.

   "Gothel and I just delivered him!" Gaston came up proudly.

"He doesn't look too smart," Prince Hans walked past, giving me a judging look. Time to snap.

   "Neither do you, princey, go sit down and let the adults talk!"

A bunch of the villains howled with laughter when Hans snapped his head back in my direction. I liked Frozen and all but this guy? Hated him.

"Excuse you! I am an adult! You better watch your mouth!" Hans said threateningly.

   "If I'm not scared of the actual villains, there is no way in hell I'm scared of you, princey,"

Hans went red as everyone was laughing again. Maleficent shooed him away, telling him not to mess with me. I really should stop pushing their buttons, but I was having way too much fun.

   "Quite the short temper, beastie," Maleficent said to me.

   I shrugged, "Can you tell me what it is I'm needed for now, ma'am?"

   "I rather let the rabbit explain,"

   Again with the rabbit, who are they talking about? Judy Hopps? No... Br'er Rabbit? No... damn, I wish I had my phone—they must have taken it when I was unconscious. Maleficent brought me down a dark corridor to a huge, awesome looking lab. This place looked familiar... I've seen it before.

   Suddenly it came to me, my mouth dropped open.

   It was the Dark Beauty Castle laboratory from the Epic Mickey game—the first place you enter when you start the game!

   Rabbit... Rabbit... Rabbit...

   Oswald the Lucky Rabbit...

   "Oh boy! He's finally here!"

   I was startled as Oswald himself landed in front of me, jumping back a bit to cower behind Maleficent.

   "Charlie Baudelaire! A pleasure to meet'cha! I've heard great things! You've done a great job to bring him here, m'lady!" he said.

"I expect you to fill in your end of the deal?" Maleficent said.

"Of course, of course! That'll be all!"

Maleficent glanced down at me. I stared back up at her.

"You behave yourself, beastie,"

"Yes, ma'am," I nodded.

She turned away and left us, making me suddenly feel nervous. But I shouldn't be, right? Oswald's supposed to be a good guy, right?

"Are you... are you the one that's been sending the villains after me...?" I asked.

"Eeehhh, well ya' know, I got some pretty big plans that the heros wouldn't have gone along with right away," Oswald put an arm around me and pulled me to follow him. He was a few inches taller, not counting the height from his ears