Chapter 10 | Day 10 - Comforting Words

Did you enjoy your trip?" Aunt Ruby asked me the next morning.

We were standing in the kitchen, she was washing the dishes and I was drying them off and putting them away as she was handing them to me.

A small smile and a slight sigh slipped past my lips before I could even respond, causing Aunt Ruby let out a squeal and jump like a little girl, rather than the middle age woman that she is.

Sorry, Aunt Ruby.

"Awww, that was adorable!! I'll take it as you enjoyed it! This is so adorable, who would have thought that my niece would fall in love with my neighbor? I'm so glad that you are able to, since you know, I can't. It would be weird if I were to. I'm glad that he can still be in the family, is that weird? I don't know. Anyway, tell me all about. Don't let anything out. I want to know everything about you trip. All of it." Aunt Ruby rambled on, barely stopping for a breath.

I couldn't help, but laugh. This is hilarious. Who woulda thought that she was obsessed with relationships? Especially between two young people? Okay, that was a weird sentence, but you know what I mean.

And the fact that she is single still is surprising. She loves love a lot. That can be seen by how much she freaks out and gets excited about Bennett and I. How she can act like a little kid who just got a whole giant bag of candy and cannot wait to eat it all right then right now. That is how I see her.

Huh, Aunt Ruby and I are pretty similar. We talk in the same way, that's kinda cool.

I guess that it is a good thing that mom forced me to come up here. I would be missing a lot from my life if I didn't come here. For one, I wouldn't have been able to fully meet my aunt and learn more about here. She is so different from my mom, sometimes I can't believe that they are related. I know I wouldn't be able to guess that from looking at them. Actually, they look pretty similar, that would be the only clue that they are related. The similarities end there.

Another thing that I would miss out if I never came here is Bennett. We all know how much I care for him. Like Aunt Ruby said, I'm falling in love with him. I had thought about that before, but now that somebody said it out loud, that's all I can think about. It is absolutely one hundred and ten percent true.

I am falling in love with Bennett -

I felt the smile on my face flatter a bit and my eyes stared straight ahead. I blinked slightly and tried to focus my attention onto the task at hand. I was helping wash dishes with Aunt Ruby, I had to continue to do that and not act like I am freaking out. And speaking of that, she asked me a question, I had to respond to it. What was the question again? I felt frozen as I realized something.

Wait, what is his last name? I don't even know his last name. How can I be falling in love with him if I don't even know his last name?

Hold up, now that I am thinking about it, I don't know that much about him. How do I not know that much about him? How is that possible? We have spent the last nine days together, you would have thought that you can learn a lot about somebody in all that time together, but I guess not.

Shit, I have been here for nine days already? That means that I am leaving in three days. I only have three more days with the person I love. I only have three more days left to learn everything about the person I love.

How is that going to be possible?

What is going to happen when I go back home? Are we still going to talk? How can we talk? I will be across the country in Florida, and he will be here still, in Minnesota. Who says that we will still talk? If we decide to still talk, will it be the same? Or will it be different? It will bound to be different. I mean come on, we'll be going from talking everyday and seeing each other in person to talking on the phone and texting when we can. That is a big difference.