2.8

There was nothing but an eerie silence as Wanda lay on the ground, panting from the energy she had just used to destroy the stone. She could see Scottie laying on the ground across from her, the girl's chest barely breathing as she lay motionless. Wanda was sure that the girl would be dead in seconds once the rest of the stone's energy left her body.

"I understand, my child. Better than anyone," Thanos said, standing above Wanda. He looked down slowly, moving his hand so that it reached down towards her head.

"You could never," Wanda snarled, her tears both a mixture of grief and anger as she looked back up at the man. The two closest people she had left to her were gone, and it was all his fault. She couldn't help but wonder if this was all in vain - since he just seemed unstoppable minutes ago with only five of the six stones.

Wanda squirmed slightly as Thanos' hand touched her head, lighting rubbing her hair in what one could only assume was meant to be comforting. He related to the grief she was feeling, but he was on a war path that he would stop at nothing to achieve.

"Today, I lost more than you can know. But now is no time to mourn. Now... is no time at all."

Wanda sat up slowly as Thanos moved his hand away from her head, making a strange motion with the gauntlet as a mysterious emerald shape began to encircling the wrist accessory. The green time stone shone brighter than the rest, and from over Wanda's shoulder she watched as the bad of yellow that had just exploded from Vision slowly began reversing its actions.

"NO!" Wanda screamed out, lunging towards where Vision was being brought back to life, knowing that she had to stop this from happening. Thanos was going to get the stone and this all would have been for nothing.

Thanos simply looked at her in pity, his hand coming down to swat away the crying Avenger. Wanda skidded along the dirt floor, her body rolling until it came to rest a few feet away from where Scottie was lying, her chest moving so slowly that Wanda was surprised she was even alive at all.

As their previous actions rewinded, Wanda could do nothing but watch as Thanos picked Vision up by the throat, pausing and then digging the tips of his purple fingers into Vision's synthetic forehead. The red tint that covered Vision's body turned a sickly grey instantly as Thanos ripped the Mind Stone from the android's head, before throwing the lifeless body to the side as if it was a broken toy.

Wanda held on to a gasping Scottie as the stone regained life, the girl having shot up with the sudden energy that had reactivated in her body. The whole team couldn't do anything other than watch as Thanos lifted the gauntlet up, the metal shimmering and taunting them as he hovered the last infinity stone over the last slot on the device.

The energy that surged around him seemed to crackle with all the colours of the rainbow, a thick electrical smell almost in the air as Thanos tilted his head back and let out a loud roar of power at the sudden feeling that was flowing through his body.

Scottie stopped gasping in Wanda's arms at the same time the stone made the connection with the gauntlet. She paused for a moment, suddenly peaceful while everyone watched on with fearful eyes. Wanda didn't even notice the girl suddenly looking down at her hands, staring at them intently for a moment in utter disbelief before looking back at where the stone had stopped glowing on the gauntlet.

Just as Thanos lifted his hand to inevitably complete his master plan, a familiar bolt of lightning struck him directly in the chest and sent him moving back hundreds of yards. The titan yelled out in anger, his eyes looking up to see his attacker speeding towards him.

Thor's eyes were glinting with power, the sky crackling as he moved his arm and flung the Stormbreaker axe directly at the titan. Thanos tried to use the gauntlet to stop Thor from hitting him, but the axe was true to its target.