15. Hit The Diamond

Steven, Lapis, Peridot and the Crystal Gems all gasp as the Ruby starts looking around.

"Ruby? Whoa-?"

Garnet grabs the back of Steven's shirt and pulls him away. Everyone retreats back inside the barn as Ruby lands on the ground, growls, and walks away. Another Ruby jumps out of the hatch and begins making fighting noises and poses.

One Ruby picks up a flower and kicks it. "Hi-ya!" She cartwheels away.

Another Ruby pops out and gasps with excitement. "What a lovely planet!" She walks away happily.

A third Ruby sticks her head out nervously. "Wait! So we just... get out and walk around? Whoa-!"

She  gets shoved out of the by a fourth Ruby. "Now, where's the Gem the scanners locked on to?" She looks around. "Let's fan out and search the area!"

Steven peeks out of the door from inside the barn to look at the five Rubies from Homeworld.

 "Whoa, look at 'em all!"

Peridot peeks over too, on top of Steven. "I knew it. They're after me! This is THE END of the line!"

"You really weren't kidding." Lapis says.

"I disobeyed a direct order from Yellow Diamond, and I called her a clod... to her face." Peridot says remembering. 

"Oh, honestly, you call everyone a clod." Peals says. 

"Yes, but not everyone has command over all the armies of Homeworld waiting for the word to shatter me!" Peridot stresses. 

"This is also a problem for me. If those Rubies see me they are certain to report it back to Homeworld, I can't just poof them either, They likely have a commander awaiting an update at some point." Y/n sighs.   

Peridot scampers to a box of baseball equipment, dumps out the contents and hides inside the box.

 Y/n walks over to the box. "Peridot, we won't let them get you." He says lifting up the box*

"But haven't I caused you enough trouble?" Peridot asks.

"Don't worry, Peridot. It's our sworn duty to protect anything that calls this planet home. And that includes... clods like you." Garnet says.

"That's my word..." Peridot whispers.

"Listen up, everyone. I have a plan. Or should I say... We have a plan." 

Garnet holds up her hands and giggles. She then begins to unfuse, separating into Ruby and Sapphire, holding hands with each other.

"Hello everyone." Sapphire says. 

 "Ruby! Sapphire!" Pearl and Amethyst say happy to see them. 

 "HUUUGS!" Steven cries and runs up to Ruby and Sapphire and hugs them.

"Hello, Steven!" Sapphire giggles.

Y/n looks down at both Sapphire and Ruby. The two look up at him and he smiles. 

"A pleasure to finally meet you two." Y/n says bowing his head to them slightly. 

"The pleasure is ours." Sapphire returns. 

"So, what's the plan?" Amethyst asks. 

Sapphire turns to Ruby. "You got this. Just act casual." She kisses Ruby on the cheek.