27. Kindergarten Kid

So...We just hit 3 milestones at once. 50k in reads, 2K in votes and 800 followers...

 50k in reads, 2K in votes and 800 followers

The Crystal Gems are looking through the Kindergarten for leftover Corrupted Gems, previously captured and imprisoned here by Jasper. Y/n, Steven and Peridot walk up to a cage in the cliff face.

"Here's another one!"Steven says.

The other Gems are in front of another cage, ready to poof a Corrupted Gem inside.

"Got it Steven! Ready... Go!" Garnet says.

The Gems charge into the cage and begin to fight the Corrupted Gem.

"Grab its legs!"

"That's not a leg!"

"Ow!"

The Gems successfully poof the Corrupted Gem and exit the cage, with Garnet holding the gemstone in a bubble.

"It's a little disturbing that Jasper was just keeping these Corrupted Gems in cages." Pearl says.

 "Isn't that what we're doing?" Amethyst asks.

"That's different." Pearl says.

"They're cared for in the stasis of the bubble. As long as they're bubbled, they can't hurt anyone, and they won't suffer." Garnet explains then she sends the bubbled gem away. "It's what Rose wanted."

Y/n, Steven and Peridot stay outside of the cage they found and watch the Corrupted Gem inside.

"Huh. I guess this is the last of them." Steven says

Inside, a bipedal, avian-esque Gem monster snarls with her tongues stuck out, as she erratically runs around and falls over on her head.

Peridot laughs. "I can't believe these dumb things used to be Gems!"

"Peridot please have some respect. You could have turned into one of these corrupted gems had circumstances been different." Y/n says and Peridot shudders at the thought. 

Garnet walks over. "Pearl, Amethyst, get ready." She beckons the other Gems over. "This one is flighty."

"Are Corrupted Gems not like this on Homeworld?" Steven asks Peridot.

"We don't have anything like this on Homeworld. And Y/n why didn't you just poof it like you did the others." Peridot asks Y/n.

"They seem to have this in order." Y/n says referring to the gems.

"Here we go!" Garnet pulls the metal bar of the cage, and the Tongue Monster immediately charges out, slamming into Garnet.

"Garnet!" Steven shouts a little worried.