07

Alex

Much like Christian had threatened to do, he had everyone's asses back in the office by 8:15am sharp

Much like Christian had threatened to do, he had everyone's asses back in the office by 8:15am sharp. Well, not the whole gang per say...

I had woken up to an empty bed with a little note from Christian that let me know he had already left for some prior engagements. He also reminded me again of the perpetual amount of meetings I was going to need to prepare for on my own, until he could meet me in office.

I had headed down to the kitchen of Brad'a home to see if anyone else was still around. The first person I ran into was Joan. She had looked... different. I peered over at her from her position at the kitchen island. She hadn't noticed my yet, but as I walked further into the room, Brad suddenly sprung up and appeared from behind the kitchen island with a pan in hand.

He was shirtless.

Before I could stop myself, the phone I had once tightly secured around my fingers, fell effortlessly to the ground. One of these days I was going to break this damn thing, I thought to myself.

Joan and Brad jumped from the sound of it hitting the tile, as they whipped their heads over in my direction. Both their eyes widened at the sight of me.

"Alex!" Joan blurted out. Brad quickly snagged a shirt that was laying on the windowsill bench, and rushed to put it on.

"Alex, good morning." He nodded to me. "My apologies, you gave me a freight. When Christian left this morning, I just assumed you might have as well. I believe workers from that rehabilitation facility came for your mother not too long ago. Derek must have also gone somewhere because I didn't see him-"

"Oh I'm right here." Derek replied, sitting up quietly and revealing himself from behind Brad's bar. We all fucking jumped at that one. What the hell was going on?

"What the hell are you still doing here?" Joan snapped.

"Well what the hell are either of you still doing here?" Derek countered. I glanced from Derek to Joan, and her eyes met mine.

Derek wasn't necessarily wrong.

Those words sounded so foreign to even say, but there was a first for everything.

"Touché." Joan grumbled.

"Did you... did you sleep there? On the floor behind my bar?" Brad asked. Derek shrugged.

"So I had initially gone to bed upstairs last night, but out of all the guest rooms you have in this mansion, I just couldn't find the bed that was calling to me. I felt like Goldilocks in that bitch. One bed was too firm. One bed was too soft."

"So... you fell asleep on the floor?" Joan cut in.

"The story isn't over yet. Let me get to that, jOaN." Derek shot back. "Anyways, so I decided maybe a good strong drink would give some relieve to my discomfort, and I could try going back to bed. When I made it to the bar, however, there was a shit ton of liquor I had never fucking heard of before in my life. And this is coming from an expert drinker here, may I remind you. I cracked open this bottle of- what was it? Gandhi Spirituality or something like that?"