Tick Tock

I smiled and walked into the living room to see Damon standing in front of the fireplace. The curtains were pulled over the windows, making the room dark, other than small specs of light that filled the room from the sunlight that broke through them with the help of the fireplace. "This is nice." I stated softly, putting my arms around Damon's torso from behind.

"It is nice." He agreed in a gentle voice. I smiled and kissed his back before I let him go and moved towards the couch.

"Quiet, still, peaceful. I mean, I can't disagree with much when our life is like this." I pointed out in amusement and he chuckled and looked at me before walking towards me.

"But it is our life and it disagrees with us just as much as we do it." Damon countered, sitting beside me before he grabbed me and put me in his lap, making me chuckle and wrap my arms around the back of his neck as his wrapped around my waist. "Which means that someone is probably going to walk through that door and shatter it." He added, gently kissing my chin and I rolled my eyes and groaned lightly.

"C'mon.. don't say that." I say in defeat as I looked down at him and he smirked.

"In ten.. nine.." Damon replied in amusement as he looked up at me and I scoffed, shaking my head.

"Can I just enjoy the moment?" I asked, running my hands through his hair gently as I let out a deep breath and looked into the fire in front of me.

"Six.. five.." Damon added and I rolled my eyes and looked down at him as a smirk was plastered on his lips.

"Damon, today is the day that we're going to bring Bonnie back. It is a good day." Elena stated with optimism as she came down the hall and I rose an eyebrow and looked at her before back at Damon.

"See?" I asked in a matter of fact tone before Damon pulled me closer and kissed my shoulder gently.

"Three.. Two.." Damon continued, moving kisses up my neck as he counted before I rolled my eyes and pulled his face away from me.

"Damon, it's a good day." I argued, kissing his lips finally as Elena moved herself towards the kitchen before the front door opened and we all turned towards it as light came in.

"Greetings.." Silas stated in a singsong voice as he walked in and I furrowed my eyebrows and untangled myself from Damon while Elena rose an eyebrow and remained faintly in the hallway.

"One." Damon sighed in annoyance from next to me as Silas walked into the living room.

"Good morning, frenemies." Silas said with a wide smile, waving his hands towards the curtains on both sides of the fireplace before they flew open, letting light in. I sighed in some defeat and looked between the curtains and at Silas before at Damon who gave me a look of 'I told you so'. "Ahh.. You know, I'm only a few hours into my old life as a witch, but somehow the sun feels warmer." Silas added as he walked towards the window behind the couch that Damon and I sat on. "Probably because I'm not cursed to outlive it anymore." He stated , chuckling in amusement as he stared out the window in tranquility.

"What's with the home invasion, Silas?" Damon asked sarcastically towards him from where he sat beside me.

"Well, Damon.. After two thousand years of a miserable existence.." Silas answered, leading off as he turned towards Damon. "I finally get to die." He finished, letting a smile plaster itself on his face.
~~~

"Okay, so we all know that Tessa was a real vengeful bitch. Your doppelgänger, Amara, died at her hands. But today, after two thousand years, Amara and I will finally reunite." Silas stated with a smile as he stood in the living room, in front of Elena, Damon and I.