45. Can't Go Back

Steven is in his bathroom, finishing his bedtime routine as he closes the mirror cabinet. He yawns loudly and turns to the bathtub.

"Goodnight, Peridot and Y/n.

Y/n is seen lying in the bathtub, with Peridot sprawled across him, both sleeping together with Pumpkin, while droplets of water drip from the faucet into Y/n's hair. Steven then returns back to his room and lies down in his bed.

"Nothing left to do, but dream." Steven sleepily says to himself.

Steven is about to fall asleep, when a loud banging is heard at the front door.

"Steeveeeeen! STEEEVEEEEEEEN! STE-"

Steven unenthusiastically walks up to the door and opens it to see Ronaldo.

"Ronaldo, it's the middle of the night." Steven says with tired eyes. 

"You have to come to the lighthouse. I found something weird." Ronaldo says.

Steven begins rubbing his eyes.  "You found something weird everyday since my dad got you that telescope."

"I know; I'm amazing. You won't believe my latest discovery. There's something on the moon!" Ronaldo points at the moon.

"Can't you call Nanefua?" Steven asks.

"Not a fourth time!" Ronaldo answers.

"Steven who is this loud human..." Y/n asks making his presence aware to both Steven and Ronaldo.

"Sorry Y/n did Ronaldo wake you up too?" Steven sighs.

"It's fine Steven. What is going on?" Y/n asks.

"Ronaldo thinks he saw something on the moon." Steven says. 

"I don't think, I know..." Ronaldo says before his mouth is covered by Y/n's hand.

"Let's go and get this over with." He says to Steven who nods.

Ronaldo brings Y/n and Steven to the telescope at the top of the lighthouse, Steven uses it to gaze at the Moon Base. Meanwhile Y/n was staring stoically out at the ocean not really paying attention. 

"This is the Moon Base. It's always been there." Steven says slightly annoyed.

Ronaldo gasps shocked. "You have a moon base!? I have so many questions! One: why didn't you tell me about your moon base? Two: take me to your moon base. Three: why does it look like a barn?" Ronaldo asks and this grabs Y/n's full attention.

"It doesn't look like a ba- Wa-ait, what!?" Steven says.

Steven looks through the telescope again and finds the Barn, fitted in a crater of the moon.

"Is there really a barn?" Y/n asks and Steven nods.

"Lapis?" Y/n says and looks at the moon. Y/n sprouts his water wings and shoots off into the sky.

"Ah Y/n wait!" Steven cries out but Y/n ignores him and keeps going.

Steven and Lion warp to the Moon Base via Lion's magical portals, and Lion collides into the wall from the sheer velocity, slumping over in exhaustion.

"Thanks, Lion." Steven says as he pets Lion in the head. "That super warp takes a lot out of you, huh?"

Lion yawns loudly.