Chapter 13: 'Cause Baby You're A Firework

Chapter 13

Noah Gerald Sky

'Cause Baby You're A Firework

Nuclear bomb.

That's what exploded inside me when my lips landed on Gloss'. A nuclear bomb full of surprises. A nuclear bomb that contained rainbows, fireworks, and butterflies. It all erupted inside me at once. Gloss' lips were so gentle it moved with passion. It's like his lips were being careful at me.

When my eyes flickered on his lips, I wondered if it was good, if it tasted good. It's good and it does taste good. It just shocked me because I hadn't meant to kiss him, but I wanted to at the same time. It's like a hidden force was making me kiss him. A hidden force that was binded in my will. But after that kiss, it felt like I was cheating on Chelsie. But then I remember that Chelsie and I are done. But I still have feelings for her.

After that kiss, we both jumped away and ran to our own room. That was awkward. And starting tomorrow, everything will be awkward. I sigh. I lay down on my bed, sprawling. My head tilts on the side, only to see pictures of Chelsie and I together. It pains me to see, to think, to remember the happy memories we have made. Chelsie has never cheated on me, until Mike. The tears are threatening to pour out of my eyes. I take a deep breath and shut my eyes tightly. I release the breath that I've been holding as I stare at the pictures.

On the first picture, Chelsie was smiling at the camera as she was about to put the water hose in my direction. My camera's waterproof. It drenched me because of Chelsie. She just laughed at me afterwards. On the second picture, it's a stolen shot of Chelsie, pouting like a little kid at her friend, Jona. On the third picture, we were hugging and about to kiss. John took that picture of us. On the first picture, it's the picture of us, including the jocks. Chelsie was standing, her arms were cross across her chest. All the guys, including me, were sitting, looking at her like she was a Goddess or something. My camera was on a timer. God, the memories are killing me.

+++

The sun shines brightly, passing through my room's big windows. The thick curtains are tucked on either side of the windows. My room is warm, but there's still a cold inside me. Not in the room but inside me.

Looking at the door, I expect Gloss to barge in and freak the shit out of me, or pull a frank so that I'd wake. But no. He doesn't. I look at the clock and it's 6:46 in the morning. 1 hour and 14 minutes until the school starts.

When I get in the dining area, Gloss is already there, eating at his cerial, a boring expression plastered across his innocent face. He looks up. As soon as he sees me, he quickly bows his head down and blushes crimson red and begins to eat his cerial very quickly he's starting to choke. He pats his chest and grabs a glass of water that is placed beside his bowl of cerials. He chugs it, a bead of water slipping out of his lips. His lips... Shit.

As soon as he's done chugging the water, he stands up and places the glass and the bowl in the sink and walks, passing by at me, his face flushed.

I eat a cerials.

The senior's hallway is packed. It's always like this. Collins and Kevin are playing God knows what. John is grabbing some books in his locker. John is such a nerd sometimes. He's the brain of our group, but he can be super mean sometimes. My eyes trail beside John's locker. Mike. It's Mike's locker. Did he already grab his book? Is he waiting for us to leave so he can grab his books? My gaze shifts to Chelsie's locker. Her locker is pink and has so many things inside it. It doesn't contain her books. Only girl-y stuffs are in it. From the corner of my eyes, I see Kevin blushing at what Collins said to him. He playfully smacks Collins and Collins just laugh.