56. Change Your Mind

This is the one you have all been waiting for...Change your mind.

Black Diamond was sat on his throne with some shattered Gem shards in his hand. 

"It all seems so trivial now." Black says as he looks at the shards. 

"I'm sorry my Diamond?" Black Pearl asks. 

"The reasons I shattered these Gems, It was for such trivial reasons. They did not deserve to be destroyed simply because of my displeasure and anger." Black sighs as he bubbles them and sends the shards away now.

A chime is heard in Black Diamond's court and he raises his head. The door to his palace opens as the Black Gems he had sent to the ball return in their single file march. They then spread out in a horizontal line. Before they all simultaneously salute to Black Diamond with their hands and bow their heads.  

"We have returned our Diamond." The Gems say together in unison.

"I can see that." Black Diamond says. "And how was it? The Ball?" He asks. The other Gems look at one another not wanting to be the one to tell Black Diamond for fear of being poofed again. 

"My Diamond," Black Pearl says and it get's Black Diamond's attention. " It would appear that this "Steven" and his pet ruined the ball." Black Pearl says looking at his screens. 

"What!? I thought Steven left Lion at home?" Black Diamond says confused. 

"It was a called a...Connie. My Diamond." Black Pearl informs him.  Black Diamond now turns and points to one of the Black Gems.

"You. Tell me what happened." Black Diamond says and the other Black Gems step backwards leaving the highlighted Black Gem stood front and centre alone. 

"W-Well My Diamond

"W-Well My Diamond... The Era 3 ball was going normally until Pink Diamond began to dance with her pet between her subjects.. T-Then the two sort of fused. The other Diamonds were enraged and there was an outburst in the ballroom." The Gem explains meekly. Black Diamond groans and rest his head in hand.