Arc 3.16

With He Tian here, Shi Shen could shut himself in the laboratory to focus on analyzing the potion with ease.

Artemis was at the border calming down the villagers that suddenly got attacked by Demons and with him there, everything was soon under control. As for the Steward family, Artemis has already long placed his guards to secretly protect them so the King’s men couldn't do anything to them.

He had wanted to force Shi Shen to betray his son by continuing the previous experiment but he could only swallow his anger and patiently wait for an opportunity to strike while his son was still absent.

Shi Shen only had roughly 3 weeks left before the expedition day so he quickly went through the properties and characteristics of each ingredient before trying on developing the prototype. However, there were 34 ingredients and some were even rare so it took another 10 days to collect them.

Finally, the expedition day arrived. Artemis didn’t come back to the palace and went to the Academy right away. He knew that Shi Shen has been hauling himself in the laboratory so his legs instantly went to the direction of the Medicine department.

However, the moment he went into the Professor's office his legs abruptly paused. In front of him was a young man who looked malnourished and was a head shorter than him but his red eyes were full of life looking nothing like he did back then.

It was his third brother, Kale Fowl.

Seeing who was it, Kale's eyes suddenly become teary as he greeted him with a small smile,’’Arte..you..back.’’

Because he was incapable of talking for a quite long time, Kale couldn't speak properly and it took him a lot of time to get these words out of his mouth.

His voice finally snapped Artemis back to his senses as he awkwardly replied,’’Hmm.’’

Although Artemis enrolled in Maria Academy so that he could visit the laboratory with ease and paid a lot of visits to Kale, they had never held a proper conversation much less interact with each other.

Therefore, for a moment there Artemis was still a bit unused. However, from the bottom of his heart, he was still happy with seeing this brother of his so he added,"Welcome back, Big brother."

Klae finally couldn't hold back his emotions anymore and immediately cried his eyes out. Those who didn't experience it wouldn't know how much despair he was in during those years!

Seeing the other party became like this, Artemis didn't know what to do besides standing there waiting until he calmed down.

But then Artemis suddenly realized something so he asked in a hurry,’’You, how old are you?’’

Kale knew what he meant so while wiping away the tears he gave the answer with a light chuckle,’’20 years old. I know that it is unbelievable but it all thanks to your friend that I can revert back.’’

Only at this topic did Artemis ask,’’Where is he?’’

The Professor who has just come back with a new set of clothes timely replied,’’Oh, he said that he needs to take some rest at his house before participating in the expedition so he just left. He also wants you to spend some time with your brother and let me tell you about the progress.’’

Artemis also didn’t want to be seen as a fly by Shi Shen, therefore, he obediently listened to his words. He also couldn’t help but depressingly sigh since it seemed that the other person was even more powerful than he had initially thought.

At this rate, how can he bend that kind of man?

Meanwhile, Shi Shen who was said to be at his home sleeping was currently wiping the blood from his sword in the King’s bedroom.

The thick scent of blood still lingered in the air as numerous corpses were seen lying around on the cold floor letting their blood dyed the floor red.

The King’s clothes and hair we're disheveled cutting an extremely sorry figure as he clumsily backed away from Shi Shen.

‘’Y-you, how dare you try to assassinate the King?!’’

Hearing this, Shi Shen moved his gaze away from the sword then onto the King before flashing him a gentle smile,’’You should be thankful that I let you live peacefully for a whole month.’’

He then unhurriedly folded the handkerchief before wrapping it with a piece of clean cloth then finally put it back into his pocket. While doing so, he also began to walk in the King’s direction causing the latter to instinctively retreat back until his legs bumped into the bed frame causing him to stumble and sit on the bed.

Before the King could even say anything, Shi Shen suddenly loomed in to grip his face in order to force open his mouth. Afterward, he instantly poured an entire bottle worth of the potion into his mouth before clamping his mouth shut with just one hand.

With Shi Shen’s strength, the King couldn’t do anything besides painfully swallowing all of the potion and only then did Shi Shen retreat back.