Kabanata 8 - Gift

Kabanata 8

Gift

On the other side...

Duke Crescendo's aide enter the room after the duke gave him permission to come in. Gabriel's expression was grim, his attitude started when he announces his engagement to Gabriel's sister, Amaury.

"I told you to just call me if you're done signing the paperwork! This is far from being done." Reklamo ni Gabriel sakanya.

If Gabriel was in another household he'll be branded as a rude aide and be dismissed without even a letter of recommendation. But he was Duke Crescendo's friend that's why he can be himself as he works. He gave him permission to do so, to oppose him sometimes.

"I am already done signing the papers." I pointed out the 10-20 papers stacked on the right side of my desk.

"Ano ang tawag mo dito?!"- ani Gabriel sabay lapat ng kamay niya sa mataas na tumpok ng mga papeles.

"Rejected."- I simply said as I laid my back on my chair.

Bumuntong hininga si Gabriel tila ba alam na niya na walang patutunguhan kung makikipagtalo pa ito sakanya.

"Did you even read these papers that you we're rejecting?"

Tumango ako bilang sagot. It's always the same proposal. That's why when I look at the title and numbers on the paper, I knew that it will be rejected.

"Then I'll send these back to their houses." Ani Gabriel. Kinuha niya ang mataas na tumpok ng papel na magkakapatong at aambang aalis na.

That's when I called him back. Hindi ko pa sasabi ang dahilan ng pagpapa-punta ko sakanya dito.

Kahit na alam ko kung gaano kainit ang dugo nito sa'akin ngayon, wala akong ibang mapagtatanungan na iba kung hindi sakanya lamang.

"Give me an idea kung ano ang gustong regalo ni Amaury."

His bored and stoic expression turn into volcanic own. It's as if he's about to explode. He never gives a reaction to everything maliban nalang kung may kinalaman iyon sa pamilya niya, lalo na ang kapatid. He's very protective of her.

"Your Excellency, can I speak to you not as an aide but as your old friend?" He asked.

I know he's been holding himself back to ask me about her sister. That's why I granted him permission.

"You may."

Huminga siya ng malalim bago nagsalita, "What the fuck are you thinking? What do you want to accomplish by marrying my sister?!"

His seriousness causes me to be serious as well. I can't tell her the proposal that Amaury said to me. Kung dapat man iyon malaman ni Gabriel, hindi dapat sa'akin mang-galing. It has to be Amaury. Hindi ko alam ang magiging reaction ni Gabriel kung malalaman niya ang totoo.

He knows my plan to take the throne. He knows how dangerous it is to myself and to all the persons who has a connection to me. If I fight the Royal family, madadamay at madadamay ang mga taong nasa panig ko. In that case, it is Amaury who'll be dragged into this. Iyon ang ikinatatakot ni Gabriel.

Amaury would give me sufficient information so I can rise to the throne in time and find the royal seal. Before even the Royal family can attack me, I already have them in their neck. That is if Amaury's information is real.

Kaya sa ngayon better to make them believe to something other than the proposal.

I looked at him seriously and said, "It was love at first sight."

His stoic face became disgusted.

"You've never saw my sister personally! You freak."

"I've saw her years ago, Gabriel. When she visited you on the academy? Ngayon lamang ako nagpropose dahil coming of age ceremony na niya. We can now get married."

He made a disgusted face, "That was 5 years ago, you pedo!"

"I didn't make any move until she's of age. So why did I become a cradle-snatcher?"

...and the truth is I won't be in this situation if hindi ako nakipag deal sakin si Amaury.

Gabriel sighed and surrendered. "Kahit ano pang tutol ang gawin ko ay wala na akong magagawa pa."

Smiling, I leaned on my table and put my chin on my hand.

"That's right. So now, tell me what Amaury would like as a debutant gift?"