Chapter Four 💖

Today was my first day at work guess what, I was late! Reason being I set my alarm clock late, that not being the main reason, since I had to drop the twins at Justine's since she agreed to babysit.

"Hey Adelle" she soon recognized me and gave me a crushing hug.

"Anna thank God you got the job "she says

"I'm late, let's catch up later "I say running toward the lift. Am just praying that he's not in yet or else I'm in for a lecture. The elevator dinged open at the 78th floor,,, it was as silent as never. No one was in the corridors or outside. It was neglected since its the floor with only the CEO's office.

As I entered his office, he looked at me scrutinizing my whole body. I waited for the words to come out

Three

Two

One ,,,then ,,,boom

"Arianna Hayes, what the hell,,, you are late on your first day! "he shouted at me making me flinch. One thing I know about someone pissed, never argue back.

"I'm taking to you! "

" I'm sorry sir it won't happen again "I said maintaining my calm.

"What did I tell you when I told you your had the job? Didn't I say I hate lateness! "He shouted at me making me irritated and angry.

"Stop shouting at me !"I said to him making him shocked.

"Who do you think you are talking to me like that! "He shouted.

"Shut up! "I said irritated.

"Get our of my office, no one talks back to me! "

"Gladly ,good luck finding another personal assistant with such a temper. "I say walking out.

*Hunter POV **

Did she just walk out on me again. As I try and follow her, I follow her to the washrooms I don't know why but I want to apologize to her.

"I told you it was a bad idea "I hear her say to someone on her phone. She waits for a reply

"Adrian I just can't stand him any longer, he told me to get out !"she says sounding impatient. WTF, as in Adrian, my best friend,,,??

"They're at Jake's, I'm going there now. "Ookay love you too take care "she mentioned both my best friends in her statement. Is she the same Arianna, who is Adrian's sister?. I take my cue to leave before she comes out. I make a call to my cousin Adelle.

**Arianna POV **
I make my way to the parking lot since I'm having nothing more of this rich douchebag . I'm surrounded by rich people but are never this snobby, Jake is simple, kind, and also understanding. Adrian is another case, one you enter his company, you cannot differentiate between him and his workers . He is a friendly boss. Justine is Jake's PA and also partner and they work best together. I'm the only one who I can say am not that rich. As I walk towards the elevator, my mind drifts back to the letter I'm yet to read or what I term as my share of the will. We were supposed to co run the company with Adrian but I let it all for him to run. Its not rude to say am also his partner, but here I am jobless . Our parents also left us some other properties am yet to find out about and also money. I came to know of the company since it was in Adrian's letter.

As I walk towards the exit, Adelle calls me back

"Anna, Mr. Michaels wants to talk to you "she calmly says.

"I'm not going back there to talk to that jerk! "I say a bit loudly earning gasps from some workers.

"Please he's called me and said if I don't make you go back there then am fired "