08

I didn't have too much time to edit so hopefully the mistakes are minimal.
Enjoy!

Alex

When I made it into work, I realized just what Christian had been talking about

When I made it into work, I realized just what Christian had been talking about. At the last minute, I literally had to full on dodge two workers who were zooming down the hallway with stacks of paperwork in hand.

"Fucking Christ." I muttered, watching my life flash before my hands.

"Sorry!" I heard Sarah, who worked on the fourth floor, shoot out from behind one stack. I could barely even make out the top of her head as she said a quick apology, and continued on her way. Every floor seemed to be on this whole new wave of hustle and bustle. I couldn't remember the last time I had seen any of our departments working this hard. Maybe it's because this Maverick's deal was the first successful deal we've had in a long time.

When I finally reached the fifth floor, I noticed that this floor was no different.

"Good morning Mr. Hamilton. Christian has set the new agreement documents on your desk in your office. He told me you'd know what to do with them. I'll be located just further down this hallway here if you need me, but Christian should be in within the next few hours." A man spoke as soon as I entered Christian's office. He directed me towards my own office and pointed towards the paperwork.

I remembered seeing him on this floor every so often, but we'd never spoken to each other before today.

I nodded a thank you his way, and started to get settled at my own desk. There were stacks upon stacks of paperwork covering the surface area of the table. I barely had space for my computer. When the fuck did anyone even find the time to print all this?

A little sticky note was posted right on top of the pile, with Christians handwriting on it. It read:

Please complete the doc prep before John Terry arrives this morning. He should be in by 9:45am. Don't disappoint me or I'll have to compensate by buying myself something nice with your bonus money.

P.S. I wish I was joking, but I've been eyeing this new watch for a while now.

I knew this asshat was joking because my bonus would be nowhere near the price of any watch that was up to his standards. I skimmed over the note again.

9:45?!

Judging by the clock on my wall. It was about 8:20am now. How the hell did he expect me to read through these documents in such a short amount of time, exactly?

A knock at my office door pulled me out from my thoughts. When I glanced up, the glass door revealed that it was non other than Anna. I immediately sprung to my feet as she entered. She was wearing a beige, black, and white checkered blouse, paired with these crisp white suit pants and some beige red bottom heels. Her face looked void of any sleep deprivation. I, on the other hand, was sure I looked like the corpse groom.