Chapter 16 : Let's get ready to rumble

[ Rose ' Ghost ' McKillen POV]

Ian and Rose had met at the rendezvous point, and had barely settled into their hide out house before they were contacted for another job.
Sitting infront of his computer, he was going through the encrypted file that had been sent to them. A file that contained all the nitty gritty of who are mark was, as well as a count down to when the contract for the mans life would be posted.

This was how they worked, over that last several years, almost back to back since joining the angency with Ian, they were sent on job after job.
Contacted by the Accountant, a man without a face. They would be sent either individually or not, fiels on who a new hit was put on and their details. Working fast, inorder to prevent competion from stealing their mark. Ian and Rose would set out and be right in the fireing line when the contract went up, before pulling the trigger and then collecting the contracts fulfilment.

After a thorough briefing of the contents of the file, Rose and Ian began making preperations for the trip they would have to make.

Rose stood in her tempory bedroom facing her bed, splayed out with the contents that she would need for the job. Her mind was a calm memory of her phone call conversation with Tabitha.

Rrrrrrrnnnnnnnn...rrrrrrrnnnnnn....rrrrrrrnnnnn-Click

"Hello?, Tabitha Jones speaking, how may I help you." The chirpy yet professional voice of her best friend filled the space of her 'rental' car.

" Hey Tabs, its Ghost", was her even voiced response.

Suddenly a loud and high oitch scream blasted Rose's eardrums as Tabitha exclaimed her surprise and excitement.
" Ghost! Oh my gosh girl! Hi!"

" Wow Tabs, Hi to you too!", Rose laughed lightly at her dearly missed friends dramatic antics. " You asked me to give you a call, sorry ive been a little M.I.A . "

" Oh, nah its okay G, I know your off enjoying yourself."

Rose silently snorted, enjoying herself, yeah getting shot was really enjoyable.

" Anyways, what's up buttercup?"

" Well....", Tabitha dralwed on with an even more excited tone to her voice," So you remember Atem?"

" Biker boy right?, The one you called me a hundred times for , for advice?"

" Yup thats the one."

" Ahh, yeah okay got it. Yall still together?"

" Mmm...", Tabitha hummed happily," Anyways, well."

" Yes Tabby?, Just spit it out already ."

" He proposed! ", She yelled loudly with a bubbling laugh.

" Oh my gods, Tabs! Thats amazing!"

" I know ! Gosh im just so happy!"

" Awe my Little girl is growing up", Rose teased, truly happy for her friend.

They had talked excitedly about the proposal as well as the wedding until Tabitha had to bid Rose a Good night. A promise of a visit was made as well as an expectation of attendance of her wedding in 4 months.
Rose had driven all the way to her first check point with a soft smile on her face.

Now Rose stood, hip cocked, arms crossed staring at her assortment with the same soft smile.
Ruffling her hair she let out an exasperated huff and began packing away her tools into her kevlar lined suit case . Finally clearing her bed of the items, her bags laid neatly in a stack by her door.
Rose had ploppled down onto the top sheet and threw a weary arm over her eyes. A light wince at the stretching of her stitches from the still heling bullet wound in her side.