[ Tanjiro x Reader ]

Under blue and sunlit skies, the view was wondrous to behold, for the lake teemed with life

Under blue and sunlit skies, the view was wondrous to behold, for the lake teemed with life. A deep sense of serenity overcame her as she stared in euphoria at the expanse of blue that lay before her. Rays of lights danced delicately across the water, as she sat down on the green grass.

She smiled softly at the sight before her.

The rays of sunlight, the blues of the ocean, as well as the greenness of the grass is what made her happy. As long as she had nature by her side, she didn't need anyone or anything.

She has always loved the flowers and the birds, she loved the sunlight and the clouds that drifted by.

But somehow she still felt sad.

At any other time, she would have called a friend, asked for the warmth she needed to push the sadness away, just a little would've been enough.

Truth be told, the girl was wounded. Grief and darkness streamed through her senses every second of the day. It was tearing her apart. She was clueless at this sort of thing. She never understood why she felt pathetic, sad. It's always been as if something was going on in this world, that called out for her. Yet she didn't know what.

As time passed, she understood what it was.

It was the so-called 'demons'. When she first saw those creatures take another person's life, she just stood there, unfazed by the terrifying scene before her.

However, she finally understood what was making her sad. It was the demons, as well as the demon slayers.

In her eyes, demons were just misunderstood. They were just another species, feeding for survival. Wasn't killing them wrong?

And demon slayers were only protecting humanity, in other words; their species. Wasn't it wrong for the demons to feed off of people?

That's just not right...

She so desperately wanted to stop this turmoil.

Who was right, and who was wrong? What can she do to stop all of this? The girl wants contentment, she wants nature to reunite, and live together; harmoniously.

But then again, she is just a lonely girl, clouded by grief. Who is she to say what's right and what's not? Does her opinion even matter in such subjects? After all, she doesn't know what the demons want. Do they also want peace? Or would they rather live endeavoring fear into us, vulnerable humans?

She can't see the world from their outlook.

As two different beings, we may at times take advantage of each other, as well as kill each other. It's simply impossible to understand one another.

Human life is precious, isn't it? Then why can't demon life be precious too?

In the end, we're all just trying to survive. And we do it in our own shameful way.

Her bubbles of thought were burst when a hand touched her right shoulder. She glanced up to see her boyfriend looking at her with a small smile.

"What are you doing here?" Tanjiro asked the girl, sitting down next to her.

She closed her eyes, leaning her head on his shoulder. "Thinking."

"What about?" He asks, offering no ongoing conversation of his own.

"Nothing in particular. Just about life, I suppose." He peers her way, nodding. "Tell me about it." Once again, he speaks up. The girl opened her eyes to meet the gorgeous lake before her, smiling softly at the scenery.

"Humans are weird creatures. We seek for perfection in others, although there's no perfection in us. We sit around judging people simply because of one's poor judgment or choices. Much like we judge demons for their nature. Their diet."

Tanjiro stares into the distance, listening to the girl's voice. He knew what she meant, yet he refused to accept demons. He despised them, he always has; ever since that day...

"We do despicable things to achieve our goals if we want it bad enough. It is just instinct. So why can't demons do the same?" She continues to talk, whilst Tanjiro shifts his eyes to her face.

He had found it impossible to talk with the girl in the way he had expected to talk to her. It was weird, she loved everything that 'nature' built. Whether it was humans or demons, they were all the same in her eyes. Different species with different goals and intentions. How he loved that about the girl. Yet at the same time disliked it.

"Are you saying that killing human beings...Or in your perspective 'Other species' is okay?" He raised a question, to which she had already answered him, more times than she could count. He really was trying his hardest to change her point of view.

Still, her heart sank. That wasn't what she meant at all. And he knew it.

"You know what, nevermind." She whispered, with a faint smile on her face.

💙

Unedited!

Anyway, so uh, this chapter just happened. It was inspired by 'Parasite'. Don't know if I like it, but enjoy it!!

Oh, and, part 2 should be coming out...someday. 'Cause this chapter wasn't really fluffy. Sorry for that'

Requested by; tellemnaegii 💜