FIFTEEN

actually proud of this chapter? At least a little anyways
you're going to see some soft Bakugo
also, there's too much emotion in this chapter
also I'm really spoiling ya'll
word count: 2785

An eery silence fell among them and among the woods they sat in. Eijirou was trying to get lost in the world, trying to get lost with Bakugo's company. Ash-head was in earnest to the fractured ravenette next to him. When Eijirou told Bakugo that he may be gay, Bakugo desperately wanted to respond with a 'no shit, sherlock', but he didn't. Mainly because he couldn't help that he was lost for words. Bakugo saw the denial in what Eijirou had told him, but it just didn't make any sense. Since it just wasn't enough. This was because Eijirou didn't hold much denial, leaving Bakugo's thoughts to go haywire.

Bakugo took a quick glance at Eijirou, Eijirou's blurry vision not holding him back from gazing up at the tree branches that provided them shade. Then Bakugo looked away. The way Eijirou said it, he said it like he accepted that fate. Easier than Bakugo had.

Sleeping branches moaned after a breeze threw them around, the strands of Eijirou's hair topping his cheeks. Eijirou looks outward, the air that swum past them almost drying his eyes before he blinks them tears down. The strands flew behind him, tears rolled down his burnt cheeks. Eijirou sat on a rock, Bakugo sat on weeds and his back rested against a tree, supporting him up as if he were vines. Bakugo stared up at the ravenette and felt his heartstrings tugging. Pulling at his nerves in the process. He felt as if someone had hit him with a brick. Fuck this, Bakugo thought, it was too cliché. Bakugo's movements were falling behind, he shuts his eyes, an unhurried inhale and a mellow exhale follows out before another scowl took him over. Melding up how he really felt.

Bakugo despised that he actually thought about the things he said around Eijirou before saying them. Now if you met Bakugo and knew Bakugo, he'd do this to no other. He couldn't pinpoint exactly why he does it for this shithead, but he did. Bakugo decided to give him some space since Eijirou's 'coming out'. He knew how frustrating it was for Eijirou since he had been in his shoes a while ago. After rethinking though, Bakugo knew that sooner or later someone's got to say something. He figured that he should follow through.

"What'd you mean when you said you might be gay?" Bakugo pushes, his question sounding like a statement. Eijirou faced the human-form-of C-4, nodding shortly after, expressionless. He saw that coming. Bakugo tapped a made up rythym on his knee as he waited. "Not forcin' you, but I totally am" Bakugo adds, which makes Eijirou chortle from that line. Eijirou didn't really know how to respond, so he shrugs before he actually thinks about what he could tell Bakugo.

"So what'd you mean?" Bakugo repeats and Eijirou sensed the itching in Bakugo's tone. It's not that Bakugo had become impatient, but it sure as hell sound like he was, making Eijirou fume up a little. Eijirou didn't see it through.

"I meant it how I said it" Eijirou snaps back, Bakugo scoffs. "Ya' can't expect to tell me something like that just to leave it on the edge" Bakugo retorts, and Eijirou groans. "If you aren't going to talk, then why're we here? Thought you wanted to talk about it." Okay, now we're seeing Bakugo getting a little bit impatient. Despite it being chilly out, Bakugo remained shirtless and Eijirou rolled up the sleeves to his jacket. (That Bakugo clearly didn't need apparently)

"Yeah? At that specific time, but now I don't want to be reminded of what I said alright?" Eijirou sighed back. Bakugo's starting to see the denial that held Eijirou back. "Aight' then" Bakugo sasses, beginning to stand up, "but just so you know? We all went through the same thing." Eijirou furrowed his eyebrows at the 'prepared-to-leave-Bakugo' as he's already starting to walk away. Eijirou grew sick. Sick of the Hornet's saying he was supposed to be gay because he knew  he saw it too. Sick of thinking about his sexuality and of everything in general.