Chapter 14: Wannabe Taylor Swift

Chapter 14
Gloss Kaiser Schlund
Wannabe Taylor Swift

The kiss meant nothing to Noah. But it means something to me. Noah's the first guy I've ever kissed, so it means something to me.

The kiss that I've shared with Kevin doesn't count, because I was curious. But what's the difference between this kiss and Kevin and I's kiss? And also Ashton and I's kiss. It's different. It's more of a friends-with-benefits kiss. Not that Ashton and I became friends with benefits. But still, it doesn't count.

Noah has been alone. He doesn't talk to anyone. Including Richard. We don't exist in his world. He's still sulking over his failed relationship with Chelsie. Chelsie's a fool. She cheated on Noah with another guy; much worse, it's Noah's best friend, Mike.

"Gloss, can you please wake Noah up?" Mom asks me as she puts a soup on the table. Richard hugs her from behind and plants a soft kiss on her cheek. He sees me watching them and gives me a grin. I smile back and stand up, leaving them alone to wake the bastard up.

When I get there, Noah is sleeping peacefully in his bed, in his boxers. The last time I pulled a prank on him, it didn't do good. So I'll just wake him up in a normal way. I walk towards him and shake him up as I keep chanting 'Noah, wake up'. He groans and rolls on his chest, his hand slipping under the pillow his head is laying, his other hand hugging the pillow that is beside him as his leg goes on top of it.

What a sexy sight.

Shaking my head, snapping out of my thoughts, I shake Noah again. "Noah, wake up, if you don't, I'm going to sing! And I'd say you won't like it."

He groans. "Go away, Gloss." He replies groggily, his voice muffled.

"We are never, ever, ever getting back together!" I sing, flinging my hands up in the air. A wannabe Taylor Swift move. "You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me. But we are never, ever, ever getting back together."

"Stop singing, Gloss!"

"Cause the players gonna play, play, play." I continue to sing, doing Taylor Swift's Shake It Off dance in her music video. "Hey, hey, hey."

"Shut up!"

"Someday I'll be living in a big old city, and all you're ever gonna be is mean. Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me and all you're ever gonna be is mean. Why you gotta be so mean?"

"Because you're fucking annoying!" Noah yells as he jumps out of his bed and lunges on me. He pins me on the door and my back makes contact from the hard wood and I groan. Shutting my eyes, I can feel Noah's breath fanning my face. When I open my eyes, Noah is staring at me, his blue eyes boring into my green ones. My eyes flicker at his pinkish lips. When I look up again, he's still staring at me.

My heart begins to pump faster and my knees begin to weaken as Noah's gaze become intense. He leans lower. Just 2 inches away and our lips will meet, I can feel my eyes fluttering to close, expecting Noah's lips to land on mine.

A knock on the door makes us jump away from each other. I open the door, revealing Richard. I give him an uneasy smile and run pass him.

I eat my cerials quickly. As Noah goes to the dining area, I can feel my cheeks heating up. God. What's happening with me? Noah's eyes are trained on me, burning a hole on my head. My fingers toy with each other, uneasiness erupting inside me. I hate when Noah does that to me, to look to me for so long.

"I'm done. I'll go now, mom. Bye, Richard!" I shout as I put my empty bowl of cerials in the sink. Richard says bye and I give Mom a peck on the cheeks. As I'm about to walk away, Noah's voice stops me.