3.2

Scottie instantly jogged after the woman, interested in how she seemed to believe she could kill Thanos. From what Scottie had already seen of the superpower-ed woman, it wouldn't necessarily surprise her if Captain Marvel had a better idea than anything they had thought of.

"Hey, you know, we usually work as a team here, and between you and I, morale's a little fragile," Natasha told Carol, causing the blonde to stop and turn to look at them all. The Russian had a soft smile on her face as she tried to make the mysterious woman share her plan with them all.

"We realize up there is more your territory, but this is our fight too," Steve added, his voice almost begging her to let them help end this fight. They had lost a lot more than she had - or that they knew of anyway. They needed to end this and somehow bring everyone back.

"You even know where he is?" Scottie asked, making everyone jump slightly as the girl spoke for the first time in a while. She wasn't sure how she felt about speaking when she couldn't hear her own voice but rather only feel the vibrations of it. It wasn't something she enjoyed but if she wanted to regain any sense of normality she needed to do it.

"I know people who might."

"Don't bother. I can tell you where Thanos is."

Everyone turned around to see the blue mechanical woman that Scottie had learned was called Nebula. She was watching them intently with black eyes that seemed void of any other emotion than complete anger. Scottie wasn't sure who or what she had lost by the hands of Thanos, but it was obvious there was a score to settle there too.

"Why haven't you said anything sooner?" Scottie huffed, following behind everyone else as they gathered back in the living room around the holographic table. She leaned on the doorframe next to Steve, and while the man said nothing he was perfectly aware that it was because that spot meant she could have all of them in her vision. The girl was not quite used to life with only her eyes to help her.

"Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his great plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask "where would we go once his plan was complete?". His answer was always the same: to the Garden."

"That's cute, Thanos has a retirement plan," Rhodey snarked, only being able to picture the purple man in a sun hat and gloves as he shredded through weeds in someone's back yard. He was truly having enough of all of this.

"So where is he?"

"When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions," Rocket told them, standing on the dinner table as he pulled up a hologram of the Earth. He looked around the room at them all, ignoring Scottie's disproved look at the fact he was a rodent and standing where she usually ate. "No one's ever seen anything like it... Until two days ago, on this planet."

They all studied the diagram as the racoon pulled up another planet, much smaller and emptier than their one. Nebula nodded, looking at the planet with a strange sense of satisfaction at the fate the man was going to face.

"Thanos is there."

"He used the stones again," Natasha pointed out, her eyebrows furrowed as Scottie also looked on confused. There was no reason for the man to be using the stones again at all now that his plan had worked - unless he was planning something else.

"Hey, hey, hey. We'd be going in short-handed, you know," Bruce finally spoke up from the entrance of the room, having overheard their conversation and deciding to give Pepper a moment alone with Tony.

"Look, he's still got the stones, so..."

Carol interrupted the men, not wanting to hear their pessimism about this plan. She needed to bring everyone back, she owed that to not just the universe but to Nick Fury. The man was the reason she was here, and she had no intention of failing him.