Chapter 18

Miles' POV

I wake up the next morning after learning about werewolves, and think maybe it was all a dream. Yesterday doesn't feel real.

My idea is proven incorrect when I look up at Calvin as he mumbles, "Good morning, mate."

So it was all real. Huh. Well that's exciting.

I smile up at Calvin and look at his nose, wanting to kiss it. Doing just that, I lean upwards and kiss his slightly crooked nose.

He looks at me with a smile, eyes laced with confusion. I answer his silent question, "I just felt like doing it, so I did."

He nods, understanding that I do whatever comes to mind. "Let's get up, today is the day that I introduce you to the pack."

"Introduce me? Can't you just tell them and let them meet me later?" I ask, not wanting to do anything in front of a lot of people.

"All you have to do is stand and wave. Then you mingle," he informs, trying to make it seem easier than it was going to be.

Stand and wave. I can do this.

***

I can't do this. I look at the entire pack from where I'm hiding behind the makeshift stage Calvin has set up. Calvin is talking to Kevin and Layton about something, but is soon going to introduce me.

Calvin walks up to me, snapping me out of my staring. He puts his hands on my shoulder and looks me in the eye, "You can do this. I know you get a little anxious, but they are going to love you no matter what."

I nod and try to prepare myself. I've met a lot of these people at pack dinners. This can't be too hard.

Calvin grabs my hand and leads me onto the stage. Everyone starts clapping when they see us, making a lot of noise that frightens me a bit. I hate loud noises.

We walk to the center of the stage, and I hid slightly behind Calvin, not wanting people to look at me.

The crowd 'awww's, making me blush a bright red. Calvin soon starts speaking, "Hello, Mystic Shadow Pack. I am here today to introduce you to someone very special. His name is Miles Eaton and he is your Luna."

His short but concise speech gets the entire crowd cheering. I wave, getting enough confidence to step out from behind Calvin. They all scream, "Hi Luna!" at the same time, making me think of how creepy that was.

Calvin, still having my hand in his, drags me down the steps of the stage, until I see Jessica and Amber waiting for me. They run to me and Amber says, "You did so good! I'm proud of you my baby boy!" As she says this, she pinches my cheek like a mother would their child.

I hear Calvin growl, and stumble back as he pulls me into his chest. Ignoring Calvin, I respond to Amber, "All I did was wave."

Jessica jumps into the conversation, "You waved like a queen! You are now the queen of this pack." Soon we all erupt into fits of giggles. How did I get such weird friends?

Having to go mingle, Amber and Jessica pull me away from Calvin, leading me to some of the older ladies of the pack. I greet them and soon they start asking me questions about my mating with Calvin.

Amber and Jessica steer me away from them and to some of the people my age. I realize that all of them go to my school. Is my school full of werewolves?

I'm half paying attention to the conversation. My main focus is on Calvin, he looks so hot in those jeans and that tight black t-shirt. His muscles are perfectly defined. His face is drool worthy. He is perfect.

I walk away from the teenagers and go up to Calvin. Wrapping my arms around him, I lay my head on his chest. The couple that he was talking to say, "Awww."

I blush, hiding my self in Calvin's shirt. Calvin chuckles and I feel the rumbling of his chest. His laugh is like music to my ears, sounding like a beautiful symphony.

I look up at him with love in my eyes. Wait love?

I think I love Calvin Reed.