*- 55 - Who's to say we can't make some more?

FRED'S POV

I wanted to talk to Y/N about her patronus, because I knew she felt awkward about it, but she was busy. She was working on this potion Snape had assigned and when Y/N wanted to do something right, all her focus was in one place. I didn't want to distract her.

She looked at her watch again. It was an old, rusty thing, but she hadn't taken it off since she started her Potions assignment. Maybe I should get her a new one sometime. I shook that thought away. That's not something, you give to a friend, right. But was Y/N a friend? Was she really?

I admired her will. She had set her mind on a goal and she was going to succeed. It was good to see her so driven again. She was constantly busy with things she was passionate about and even though I saw her less than I maybe wanted to, she was happy. 

Maybe it was better this way anyway, because the more time I spent with her, the more I wanted her back. I wanted her back so desperately, but there were so many obstacles. In about a months time, George and I would be out of here. I wouldn't see her for over a month and that wasn't the best way to start a relationship. And then the summer would come. I'd love for her to come to the Burrow, so I could show he the shop, but she had her own plans for the future now. What if she was going to live on her own and begin her job as a Potioneer? Would I never see her again? It was risky to start dating with everything that was going on and what was about to happen, but then again, if we weren't dating, would she hang around? 

But most of all, did she even want that? Did she still want me? Her patronus told me that she still cared, but she was a smart girl. She probably knew that she was better off without me. I just needed to talk to her because it was driving me mad.

"I have to go. My potion is almost ready", she said with a smile and stood up. The rest of our group was finished eating too, so we got up and followed her back to the common room. We had no real plans for tonight, so it was probably going to be a couch-potato-night.

As soon as we reached the common room, Y/N continued on her potion. She removed all defensive spells she had put on her cauldron and opened her notebook. She started scribbling things down as I watched her work. She had her hair up in a ponytail and her necklace was shining softly. I noticed the scar on her hand that hadn't fully faded yet. I was going to get that witch back for what she did to Y/N and numerous other kids.

Y/N was struggling to add the ingredients, hold her cauldron which was shaking because of the potion inside and stir the mixture, so I went over to help her.

"Need a hand?" I asked and she looked up surprised. She had a little bag of Aconite between her teeth and looked absolutely adorable.

"Could you stir it counter-clockwise?" she asked tousled and I chuckled. I took the ladle and did what she asked.

"Thanks. This potion is harder than I thought", she mumbled, measuring the Aconite.

"It's going to smoke once I put it in, so you better stay back a bit", she said grinning. It was cute how she could get so excited about a bloody potion. She slowly poured in the plant, signaling me to keep stirring and soon, a blue smoke erupted.

"It's done!" she said and clapped excitedly.

"Need to bottle it?" I asked and she nodded. She looked for some vials in her bag and a clasp. She filled the vials, closed them and put them away.

"I have to write this down", she mumbled and went through her notebook again. I decided to let her work and went looking for George.

"Thanks Weasel", she shouted as she noticed me leaving.

I found George in our dorm room, working on some of our fireworks. We had to get some more finished before next month.

"Fred, I was thinking, we need to set a date for our grand exit", he mumbled as I sat next to him.