-22-

Y'all, in my bio, I got a list of people who died and I'm afraid that I might have to keep adding more names to that list

Y'all, in my bio, I got a list of people who died and I'm afraid that I might have to keep adding more names to that list. R.I.P Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gigi and may God bless their family💔😔.

-Jaelyn-
(Year 2021)

"Why is you finna cut ya hair, you dumb bitch?!" I asked Zavon as I took a seat across from him at a table in the school's cafeteria.

"I'm not a bitch and where the FUCK did you come from?" He asks while lookin around.

"I just came from my English class. Now answer my question."

He puts his pen down in the spine of his textbook. "I lost a bet."

"What bet?" I asked in confusion.

"Me and the guys made a bet that-" he cut himself off.

"That what?"

"That I wouldn't be able to go long without sex and I lost," he explains.

I kissed my teeth. "That's that dumb shit."

"Yeah. I guess so," he says dryly.

"So what are you working on?"

"This assignment I have to hand in by tomorrow. It's a 7 page essay, you tryna do it fa me?" Zavon asked me.

I laughed. "I got my own assignments that I need to complete so why would I do yours?"

"Because I'm ya best friend," he shrugged.

"Who said that?" I acted shocked.

He smacked his lips. "Jae, stop wit all dat cappery foh I shut yo ass down wit my ocular proof."

"Ocular?" I scrunched up my face. "Since when did you use big words?"

"That don't matt-" I cut him off.

"And what proof?"

"The way we been vibin lately shows that we bestos," he answers.

"But where does that leave Abrianna?" I asked him.

"Fuck her."

I laughed at his two simple words.

"You're actually not that bad when you not mean," I told him in realization.

"Yeah. I'm more mature now," he says with confidence.

"I'm sure thas i-" my words were cut off by a voice I knew too well.

"Hey Zay," I turned around to see Sekeena walking up like she tha shit.

I turned back around to look at Zavon who suddenly looked really unhappy.

"The fuck is this bitch doin here?" He asked in a low voice.

"Hi Jaelyn," Sekeena says to me when she reaches our table.