Chapter 32: A Puppet

The other boys had insisted on going with (Y/n) and Takuya to grab something to eat, but she denied them, saying she needed to be with him alone. The boy was thrilled to be able to spend alone time with the girl and ignored Shota when he told him he wasn't allowed to. There were supposed "consequences" to doing such, but the white-haired male again ignored them and the warnings.

So, instead, (Y/n) decided to go to a nearby cafe before she had to work at her job. She told him he could order whatever he wanted and his face lit up, unused to that kind of care. All he ended up ordering was the cheapest in order to spare her the hassle of paying for him, but he was delighted nonetheless.

"Do you typically like ice cream, Takuya?" the girl asked, giving him a sympathetic smile.

"Yes, I do!" he said, with a tone of enthusiasm that was unmatched to anything before, "I...um...you're very brave! For standing up to my mother...T-Thank you, though! I...I really appreciate it! You're incredible...I mean, sorry, I - "

"No need to worry," (Y/n) giggled, making the boy lose his breath, "I don't know much about your relationship with your mother, but...I don't like how she treats you."

The boy's blushing only intensified as she admitted he was worthy of being cared for. It was almost revolutionary for him. He began to fiddle with his pants pocket, trying to contain his excitement. He was so glad to finally have someone to care deeply about and have those feelings reciprocated. Especially as beautiful a girl as (Y/n).

"Why did you want to only eat with me?" he asked, very anxious about her answer, "Is this...a date?"

"Oh, no," she chuckled, "I don't...date. Well, I've never gone on one anyway. But, I wanted to make it up to you, I suppose. I kind of yelled at your mother. It was quiet, but still. I'm sorry."

"No, no!" he said, putting his hand on hers in comfort, "Don't worry! I really liked it! Thank you! It made me very happy! Very happy!"

"Did it?" she asked, "I'm glad. Well, I probably upset her. I wouldn't be surprised if she hated me at this point. But...I couldn't just leave you to be hurt by her, it's - "

The male tuned out her words after she further confessed her admiration for him and leaned on his palm. He found himself incredibly relaxed by her rambling, his heart making him feel warm and fuzzy inside. It was an incredibly addicting feeling and he wanted more and more of it.

He found himself snapped out of his trance by a cold feeling on his lips. Not knowing what it was, he began to lean into it, hoping more than anything it was a kiss from her. He parted his mouth slightly, hoping to deepen it at once when he tasted something sweet. Imagine his surprise when he was met not with the lips of the girl he desired, but with a spoonful of his ice cream.

Peculiarly, he still enjoyed the feeling of being spoonfed, taking it with great pride; something he didn't feel much of. And for some reason, he felt that tasting the treat before was now bland while when otherwise, was mindblowing. It was so much more flavorful when she had given it to him. He then realized he needed to tell her how he felt about her and moved a little closer to her.

"(Y/n), I - "

"Hey, wouldn't have guessed you'd be here," Narahashi chuckled, rubbing his blue hair nervously, "C-Can I buy you anything? A (f/d) maybe?"

"That's sweet, but I've already got one," (Y/n) declined, smiling wide at the appearance of the student president, "You can join us if you'd like, though."

"Thought you were visiting your father," Takuya said, suspiciously, glaring at the interrupting boy, "Or were you lying? It's not very nice to lie."