The Dream Deferred

Infront of the gates to the estate was a large crowd

Infront of the gates to the estate was a large crowd. The chatter of the people could be heard from inside of the Coach. Chyna glanced at Cap who looked to Jon and Benny.

"That....doesn't  sound ideal." Cap said slowly.

The coach came to a stop, Jon and Benny were the first to hop out.

"I am not going to ask again, everyone go on back inside!" Ronda called pushing her way through the handfull of residents.

"They want answers, Ronda and they deserve them! Turbulence is a sign of future tribulations!  And these folk have come to ripple our peaceful little waters!" Roana called, riling the small crowd.

Cap helped Chyna, Huck and Cotton out of the coach.

"And what exactly have they done? Jon asked. Ronda's eyes glanced over her sister's shoulders, she spotted Benny and her lips clamped shut. Roana with her back to the coach heard Jon's voice and crossed her arms sticking her nose in the air.

"You'll say anything to make our three guests seem like shinning citizens and additions to the family. Our family trusts you so they take what you say for fact. But I know better, and it is my duty to let them know the truth." Roana repeated.

"Which would be?" Jon questioned with a dry tone. "That they are murderous, wanted, and sinful. They'd likely take all we worked hard for here." Roana went on, "you've all seen the papers, and just to ight they've roped young Huck into problems with the law!" She ranted on.

"Everyone head back inside, we will discuss everything in the proper way." Benny spoke up. Chyna watched as Roana's shoulders squared and timidly the once raging woman turned around with nervous posture.

"B-Benny." She stammered. "Why are you trying to ruin the one way I can save what we've built her?" Benny asked her. Roana fell silent.

"Everyone inside." Jon said.

"No, they don't have to. We all still want answeres. Why are you handing our land over to these bloodthirsty mountain strangers." Roana sneered. "We've  worked too hard for the land, for you to turn it over. To anyone but us!" She added.

"This place is my mother's dream, Roana. We've all had a chance to live in relative piece. I have talked with Chyna and Cap, Jon has spent a great deal of time with them. They can be trusted. In in my mother's spirit, why not give others a chance of piece?" Benny spoke slowly, he looked back at Cap, Chyna and Cotton with the faintest smile.

"Chyna gave me piece of mind when I wanted nothing more to drink away my troubles, and she thought out the way to save this place, I decided to get her evolved because it was just what I needed, it couldn't have been by chance. And her man here was willing to help as well." Benny added.

"You knew them a day." Roana spat.

"And I've known them much longer, you've not seen what I have. These are people who will fail at nothing for their family. They'd take a crack of a whip or worse.  It won't  hurt to have that kind of character among us. In fact, we are in dire need of it." Jon said, his eyes narrowing down into a glare.