Chapter Sixty-Seven

January 23, 2019.

Sheila

     The ground shook and my grip on Azai tightened. "What do we do with them?" It was clear that we had more pressing issues at hand. The ceiling was about to cave in and whoever 'he' was, was about to show his ugly head.

    "Well first off," Xion drew his sword, and raised it to Azai's throat. How embarrassing to died by a sword of an elf. "We should kill the rat."

    Azai is about to die. What do you think? I did a quick check-in with my mate, making sure he didn't mind us slaughtering his traitor without him.

     Good. Alright, we were in the clear to continue. I nodded my head to Xion signaling him the a-okay, and held the back of Azai's knees down. The queen next to us was about to jump to save her mate, but one of my friends send an arrow through her leg.

"Any last words?" I wanted to add the word, bastard, at the end of it, but the word didn't come out.

"I hope he hangs your insides as a decoration in this hall," he tried to look back at me, but I kneed his head forward. All I could do was chuckle, lets see if 'he' can.

Xion was a good foot in front of me. We locked eyes and nodded to each other. I felt Azai tense in my grip, no longer struggling. It was terrifying to think that I trusted this man the second I met him. How wrong he did me, how wrong he did all of us.

Xion swung his sword and lobbed Azai's head clean off. His head rolled a foot forward, to the feet of Xion. The blood splatter was across my chest and on the ground.

The queen next to us couldn't stop crying and wailing. I gave her a hard look. "Queen Maeve," my voice thundered as I kicked Azai's corpse away from me. "We are going to make this very clear," I crouched down to her pretty little face, with her pretty little eyes. "You are alive for no other reason other than to sit still and look pretty. Your kingdom, what's left of it, is ours. All of your troops, is ours now." I wiped some of her mates blood off her cheek.

Tears smeared her face, she shook like a leaf in the wind. I gave her cheek a pat before standing. I turned my back to her, I looked to the dragon in my group, then one of the elves. They seemed to get what I was thinking and they rushed behind me and grabbed the "Queen of Faeries". I stepped down the small steps that lead to the throne chairs. Carnage was everywhere, blood and bloated bodies was unexapable. I thought back to the queen, her kingdom and mate has been ripped away from her. It must feel like the world is slipping out from under her feet.

I turned back, the Queen was glaring holes into my back. Tears still stained her face, snot everywhere, saliva dripping from her mouth. Everything about her was in distress. "Do you want to die?" I'll give her this mercy, to tell her kingdom that she died along with the king so she wouldn't be ridiculed for him.

She shook her head. I smiled, "good," I turned and Xion clapped a hand onto my shoulder. He walked me to the busted throne room doors. "Move out men," I waved my hand and they all followed after me. "We got bigger fish to fry," I thought back to Selven, the first person I heard say this. He was here, he was fighting as well. I hope he was safe.

Sheila, there was a pause Zaivinth almost seemed out of breath. Aid, at the gate, now, please.

How many reinforcements? I gave a fearful look to Xion, who in return gave me a questioning look.

Anyone you can. Hurry. In a second I snapped together a game plan.

"The gate." Xion's eyes widen with distress. "We need to hurry, they are in trouble," I lifted the shield higher onto my arm and started running in the direction of the gate.

The hallways were eerily dead, and soon we came to a cross road. "Xion you go this way," I pointed to the opposite direction, "grab as many people as you can, it should round around to the gate." I looked back at the men.

"You go with him," I pointed to five of the men. "You," I pointed to the rest of them. "You are with me." They gave me a strong nod and I looked over to Azai.

"Be safe," he gave me a reassuring nod which I reuturnrd.

"Be safe, brother." Then I turned back to his troops. "Don't be stupid." Then I looked to mine, "let's move."

We started hustling down the hallway. This one a lot more crowded than the last. One of the elves was having a hard time with one of the Fae's, whom I stabbed in the back.

The elf look shocked and a little bit relieved, "come on." I started moving down the hallway once more.

I think he didn't start moving and it made one of my men shout at him, "get your pants up and start moving, greenie." There were two others in the hallway. Certainly not enough to face what was coming up, up ahead.

Scared was an understatement as I looked at the room that contained the gate to the human realm. The one that I've urged to see, but never had the chance. The ground shook and screams of men were heard. I looked back at my troops to see that they were pale faced. "I think we have seen worse odds today." I reassured them and waited, looking down the other hallway for Xion.

Soon enough Xion and a few more men came running down the hall, blood splattered across them. They seemed to have met trouble along the way. Though the was the elves moved, long hair tied back, blood and sharp blue eyes, they were hunters hunting prey.

They met us at the door, I grabbed the handle, and the door shook, I had no idea what was going on in there. "Follow after me and don't die." I raised my shield to my eyes and look back at my men who nodded at me. Their gazes were strong and unbending. I kicked open the door and all of us stormed in.

The room no longer had a roof and there were three dragons above our head raining hell down on whoever entered through the gate.

Though there was a familiar face in the crowd. One that I didn't think I would see ever again. My blood ran cold, though it didn't stop my step as I ran into battle.

Just a few men ahead, Kolgrim, his twin, was fighting.

I swear that January is the only month that last for four months.

ms-Jnb04N

ms-Jnb04N.gif

What if I told you that the story will probably end in three-four chapters?

How have you like the story so far?

What do you think Sheila will do to Kolgrim pt 2?

Comment and Vote PWEASE