17.

Josiah
next day
9am

"Now do you see how reacting off of emotion and anger can destroy everything around you?" Dr. Ross spoke as I looked down, saying nothing.

"It's okay to be angry, it's okay to be hurt but physically reacting before thinking is the wrong thing to do, Josiah. Nothing good ever comes out of it."

"You knew this shit would happen, didn't you? You knew she would leave me." I spat, looking up.

"Yes. Unfortunately, I did. I knew that you would react in an unlikely manner. Joey, you have IED. I didn't expect you to accept it. I hoped that you did but I knew that you wouldn't."

"Sad that Montana had to be in the crossfire but she needed to see how harsh you could really be. Not that she didn't already after being held at gun point twice." She raised her eyebrows as I sat there, feeling like shit.

All of this for nothing.

"So you wanted to see my girl leave me? You wanted her to walk out of my life for good, huh?"

"I didn't want her to leave you. You did, Josiah.

"I didn't want her to fucking leave!" I spat, this bitch was making me crazy.

"You did. You wanted her to leave when you had sex with other women. Reacting off of emotion. What did you think she would do? Stay?"

"You knew the possibilities." She went on.

"She told me she did the same shit-"

"Yes and I told her to. I wanted to see how you would react and I needed her to see as well. If you reacted that way in here, imagine how you would've reacted out there. On your own."

"You can't see it now but you needed that Joey."

"I didn't need my girl to leave." I spoke fed up. I just wanted out of this bitch so I could talk to Montana.

"I just want her back." I admitted.

"So you're remorseful?" She asked and I sighed, looking down.

"I just want my girl." I repeated, tired of her questions.

"So what are your next steps, Joey. What are you going to do to get her back? Instead of sitting here feeling sorry for yourself."

"And what will you do differently the next time, if this ever were to happen again?"

"I don't know. You tell me.." I spoke smartly.

"Since you know every fuckin' thing and you got your degree."

"Huh?" I snapped as she looked at me.

"Gon' head and tell me."

"I think you could start by participating better in these next couple of sessions with me. Then I could help you get better so that you can communicate properly to Montana."

"Giving me an ultimatum?" I asked, looking at her.

"Take it how you want it." She shrugged, adjusting herself in her chair.

I sighed heavily as I sat in my chair, looking at her.

"Aight. Whatever."

"Okay?" She asked and I nodded.

"I'll participate. I just want my girl."

"Perfect. Let's get started."

*

Montana

Awaking me from my slumber, my phone buzzed loudly. I squinted my eyes from the sunlight as I sat up slowly to answer it.