Chapter Forty-Two: One Track Mind

Ryleigh and I once we were back at the hotel rushed to the bathroom. Ryleigh flipped over the tests that were now side by side. I held my breath as Ryleigh began to squeal bouncing up and down. I looked at both the tests and squinted my eyes trying to see what made Ry so excited.

"I can't freaking believe it!" She exclaimed jumping up and down.

I kept looking at the test in my hand and saw the little blue lines that to me read negative. I looked at Ryleigh now like she was crazy. I tried to rack my mind of any trace of sadness or sorrow. I thought she wanted to be pregnant, maybe I had it wrong this whole time.

"I don't know what you're so excited about but I am going to go find my boyfriend," I said and threw the test out as I left the bathroom.

I grabbed the key card to Zack Merrick and Jack's room. I knocked on the door and was greeted by Zack's face. I gave him a cheeky cocky smile which he rolled his eyes at me. Zack moved out of the way for me to walk in as I ducked under his arm and ran straight toward Jack. I hadn't told anyone that I was feeling terrible again and that is when the sneezing fit began.

Jack and I cuddled in their room while Zack left to probably go bug Ryleigh. I didn't mind until it was later and Brendon came and knocked on the door. Jack and I had accumulated a ton of tissues and I was now shivering. Jack had one arm wrapped around me as I pulled the blanket closer to my body. Jack got up to get the door before Ryleigh and Brendon walked in. I was groaning on the bed as Ryleigh smirked at me.

"Come on children lets go the venue and, wait, holy shit Loggie are you sick?" My dad asked before coming closer to me.

I was shivering and sweating. I didn't even realize I was sweating until I shrugged my shoulders. I dropped the blanket and the cold hit my body which was unpleasant as I made grabby hands at Jack. Jack climbed back on the bed and brushed some of my hair out of my face as I started to cough again. Jack lightly patted my back as I groaned. I didn't know why all of a sudden I felt like a walking virus. I clung onto Jack's warm body as dad shook his head at us. Jack pulled me in closer to his body so I was practically sitting on his lap.

"I don't want you to get sick," I mumbled to Jack as we moved slightly to the edge of the bed.

Jack got up picking me and carrying me to a car. I was placed into the back seat not bothering much to pay attention to see who was around me. I knew Jack was, it wasn't until I felt Alex's hand on my back and I jumped.

"Logan you're burning up. Jack, you have to get her out of that sweatshirt," Alex said as the two tried to pull on my sleeves to get the sweatshirt off.

"No. Stop. No. I am not wearing a shirt under this," I tried but it was no use as Jack tugged on his t-shirt that was under his sweatshirt.

"Log you forgot you changed in the hotel room," Jack fought me as I began to cry.

It wasn't like my normal crying either it was this really broken cry. Jack just looked at me and then looked at Alex before raising his hands in surrender. Alex looked at me before pinning me to the floor and stripping me of the sweatshirt. I laid on the floor crying as Alex held me down pinned staring at me. I kept crying before Jack threw Alex off of me. Alex looked at Jack hurt. I knew Alex meant his best but I wasn't feeling the best. I finally crossed my arms over my stomach and walked away from everyone a teary mess.

Turns out that I was indeed sick. I went and saw the medical staff people for the crew. I was given some antibiotics told to start taking my asthma medication like I am supposed to. You know all the normal things I usually disregard because I mean what is the importance. I was given a script from some sleeping pills and some cough syrup. I waved it around before waving at the guys.