(IV)How To Be Hated 101

I see a boy; young, smiling, content,
and I feel like I have lost a part of myself.
My friends have long forsaken me because they have been overcome by their greed for vanity and the things of this world.

I spend days wallowing in my woes, they wreak havoc on me from the inside out.
I am slowly drawn into an abiss of nothingness, into a pool of oblivion.
A place where there is no joy or even the will to live.

My heart yearns to be at peace.
To escape this never-ending turmoil, the result of an appalling upbringing.
I wish I could be as content as that little boy I mentioned- unbothered and free.

This was absolutely beautiful. It sounded like it was written by the most pure and virtuous soul. I wonder what it meant. Poetry always has a deeper meaning. Poetry was a world within itself. A world full of possibilities and wonders.

"Thud"

The door to my new room swung open revealing a very displeased-looking Emilio Frazer. Emilio stormed in and grabbed the beautifully crafted treasure from my hands.

"You know you really shouldn't go around snooping in other's things!" When Emilio said that he sounded so angry that I flinched. I could even sense a little hurt beneath all that anger.

"I'm sorry I didn't realize it was personal." I whispered.

A thousand emotions swirled in his eyes. It seemed as if there was a storm going on in his head, ravishing any tranquility left.

I mustered up all the courage I could and said "It's really beautiful Emilio."

His eyes raked over my body in distaste,"I didn't ask for an opinion. Leave my shit alone." Well he certainly did curse a lot.

"Why can't you just accept the compliment? The entire world is not against you Emilio. You should stop being a bitch for once and maybe you'd realize that."

After I said that, Emilio backed away towards the door and narrowed his eyes at me before turning on his heel and going away. I heard the front door slam shut.

I sat on the side of the bed feeling defeated. What I had just read really opened up my eyes. I never knew Emilio wrote poetry and let me tell you, that first piece in his book revealed so much about him.

Maybe, just maybe, I could try to tolerate him because obviously something had made him the way he is now. I knew with enough time I could tear away those layers of anger to expose the innocent young man that was hidden beneath.

He probably hated me right now but that wouldn't last for much longer. I needed to know the real Emilio Frazer and nothing could stop me from unravelling his truth.

I mused over the events that had taken place over the last few days.

1) I caught my bestfriend of five years and boyfriend who swore to love me forever together in my bed.

2) I was hit by Emilio car because of his reckless driving and his lack of consideration for anyone but himself.

3) I woke up in the hospital and was told I would be staying with Emilio until I fully recovered.

4) I found out that Emilio wrote poetry( this really contradicted his bad boy act).

5) He caught me reading his poems and got angry.

6) He left.

Emilio still hasn't returned and it was now 11 in the night. I had gotten something light to eat and I showered. I couldn't help but be worried about Emilio even though he was being so mean to me. He was still human and everyone, no matter how disrespectful and narcissist, deserves love.

I mean I didn't love him but I was kind enough to care.

To avoid dying of boredom, I phoned my mom as I promised I would at the hospital.

"Hello? Who is this?",questioned my mom.

"It's Lexi. I'm calling from the house."

"Oh. How are you doing sweety? Are you and Mr. Frazer getting along?", she asked, her voice laced with excitement.

"I'm doing much better. I'm still in pain but better nonetheless. And as for Emilio, I think we're gonna be great friends." I lied.

"That's good to hear. Listen, I have something to tell you."

"What is it mom? You're making me worried."

"Sweetheart, I'm afraid we can't continue to pay for your place at the university. I got a call from the headmistress that the rent will be going up and my budget is already stretched to its limit."

How could this be happening now? My family lived way too far from the university for me to move back in with them. It would cost way too much for transportation, my old car already burned way too much gas.

This was unbelievable. Where would I go after Emilio got rid of me for good.

"Sweetheart are you still there?"

"Yes mom."

"I'm sorry. You can go and pick up your stuff whenever you're up for it. Don't think too much about it, we'll figure something out. We always do."

I hung up without saying another word. This was way too much for me. I would go to sleep and when I woke up everything would be back to the way it was before.
_________________________________________

Remember to:
♡Like
♡Comment
♡Tell a friend

Emilio's and Alexia's journey will become even more interesting.