dizzy

Your POV (WARNING BULLYING/PHYSICAL ABUSE)

In the middle of studying you remember to ask Courtney for details of tonight. You were wearing black joggers and an oversized sweatshirt to study, so it would be in your best interest to go home and change quick. You text Courtney to 'not expect much' to keep their standards low. Tonight wasn't worth getting too dressed up but didn't want to look like a slob, you were meeting Shaynes' friends for the first time. The library was only a short drive from your house but you were already running late so you brainstormed in the car. 

A year or two ago you bought this amazing silver dress for a school event but never wore it because it emphasized the least favorite parts of your body. Now that you've been going to the gym you're confident it'll be perfect for tonight.

Running into the house you rush past Sophia in the kitchen.

"Come to my room really quick, need help," you yell back at her as you run up the stairs, taking two at a time. 

"Coming!" you hear her running after you.

You strip and grab the dress off of the hanger. As you slip it over your head Sophia comes in a zips the back. As she gets closer to the top, the material hugs your curves making you self conscious as to how it looks. You take a step over to the mirror, what you see you takes your breath away. You look amazing. 

"Woah, who are you!! Two things: I'm stealing that dress and why have you waited to wear this?" she's standing next to you. 

"What do I do with my hair and face?" you need opinions. Your eyebrows were filled in and mascara already on.

"Mmm," she places her finger on her chin "red lips, natural hair." she nods in satisfaction. (Your hair is naturally stick straight.)

You do as she says and glance back into the mirror and take yourself in as a whole. You weren't used to looking like this and had to convince yourself it was really you. 

"Shoes?" you're currently barefoot.

"Black pointed pumps," she grabs them from your closet. You slip them on and she gives you a million-dollar smile. "Go get him tiger," she raises her hand for a high five and you slap her hand with enthusiasm. 

... 

The lyft drops you off at the front and you thank her. Opening the door the bouncer lets you in without checking your ID. You glance around the room and don't see anyone familiar, walking towards the bar you're stopped by two pretty girls who smile at you. 

"Hey, do you know Shayne?" one asks looking you up and down. 

"Yeah, he's ...a good friend of mine. Is he here? I was coming to meet him." you take a sweeping look around but still no Shayne. 

"Well actually," the other one starts "one of his friends is over here." She grabs your arm and pulls you into the back corner. Familiar blonde hair is on the person at the table, as she turns you immediately recognize who it is. The girl from the gym that was always in a bra and leggings or shorts when you saw her, this time was no different. She was wearing a white balconette bra and a black leather skirt. Her heels were sky high and you wondered how in the hell she walked in those. Her makeup was cake-y and her mascara was clumpy and covered in false lashes. She was pretty, but you weren't sure if it was natural. 

"Hi, i'm Nicole." she says shortly, looking at you head to toe. "So you're the girl from the gym." she laughs at her comment. 

"Yeah I think i've seen you around at the gym now that you mention it," you lie. 

"I was there when you dropped that squat bar and the entire gym stared at you," she gives you a smug look. 

"Haha yup that was me," you give a courteous nod. 

"And Shayne helped you up," she continued. 

"Mhmm!" What is she getting at? 

"Ya know we've been dating for a while," she turns her head slightly and raises one eyebrow. 

"Really? He's never mentioned anything about a girlfriend," you say as neutral as possible. Your stomach was flipping a million miles a minute. You could vomit if you weren't so intimidated. 

She stands, only barely as tall as you. "Have y'all been hanging out much? I didn't think he would cheat on my with someone like you," she takes a step towards you. "Someone so... large." 

"Not really," you lie again "I haven't seen him outside of the gym." 

Her eyes narrow at you. "I need to go fix my skirt, lets go to the bathroom." 

One of the girls grabs your hand and pulls you with them, her grip too tight to escape from. As the door closes you're thrust into the bathroom, the girl pulling you blocks the door. Nicole walks towards you, getting uncomfortably close to your face. She starts pulling out her earrings and hands them to the other girl. 

"I don't like you," she starts. "Shayne would never stoop low enough to flirt with a fat-ass like you." She shoves you. 

You stumble backwards. "I-I don't want to fight you," you mutter, shocked at what was happening. 

"Too bad, that isn't an option." she pushes you into the wall, pinning you by the shoulders. Your head smacks the wall from the force. "I'm going to make you see what everyone else sees. An ugly, helpless girl who needs a lesson or two."

Before you know it, you feel a rain of fists on your face. Hands pull at your hair and all you can do is try and brace for impact. Instinctively your hands cover your face, but are hastily ripped away and replaced with hard knuckles. They pull at your dress and tear the straps off. Someone kicks your legs out from underneath you and you fall hard to the tile floor, hitting your head again. As you curl into the fetal position they being to kick you, a sharp pain radiates from your leg causing you to yelp. Something warm runs down your face and drips to the floor. With the little vision you have left, you see the red splotch between patches of black. Your mind is fuzzy and hear the girls laughing at you. 

"We shouldn't see much of her anymore." you hear Nicole say to the others, kicking you in the ribs for one last measure. Your breath escapes you, leaving you gasping to breathe, the pain in your ribs making you wince with each inhale. The door clicks closed and the bathroom goes quiet. 

Your mind catches up to what just happened. You're crumpled on the floor of a bathroom, dripping blood from who knows where and your adrenaline starts to pump. Breathing is starting to become hard and your vision is getting more blurry as time passes. Searching the floor with your hands you try to find your phone on the ground, finally grabbing it after a minute. Holding the lock button you try to ask siri to call one of your roommates but are unable to control your breathing. You being to hyperventilate and reach your hands up to touch your face, wincing as you touch your eyebrow and lip. Attempting to stand you collapse from the pain in your left leg, screaming in pain.  

The door opens again as the room beings to spin and blackness clouds your view. You feel someone shake you a bit, you instinctively push the hands away. An unfamiliar voice starts saying things to you but you can't hear them clearly. She starts yelling for help and before you know it a pair of arms lift you into the air. Your head falls back over the arm and everything goes quiet. 

...