guilty

Shaynes POV

The ambulance pulls in front of the building as the bouncer reaches the door. The medics grab y/n and place her on a stretcher, her body looked lifeless and the straps of her dress exposed her. They place a blanket over her as they roll her into the truck. I go to the back doors right before they close.

"Wait, I know her!" I yell into the ambulance.

"Unless you're family you can't come with us," they say without looking away from y/n. They're asking her questions and she mumbles in response, putting weird stickers on her and hooking them up to a machine. "What's her name?" One medic looks at me. 

"Y/n, y/n y/l/n." I try and get a better look by craning my neck but don't see much. "Where are you taking her?" I start to cry.

"University Hospital," a medic says as he pulls the doors closed.

I turn to see the group coming out of the door, assuming Damien told them what was going on. I jog over to them. Before any words come out of my mouth Courtney hugs me.

"I need to go with her," I say to them.

"I can take you," Damien holds up the keys "you know I don't drink."

"I'm coming too," Courtney places her hand on my shoulder.

I hand my keys to Olivia and ask her to take the others home. I'll uber to her house at some point and get my car.

The three of us get into the car and speed to the hospital. Once we were there they let us into the room with her. She was laying on the bed, sheets covered in blood and her dress replaced with a hospital gown. Her eyes were shut so we assumed she was asleep, we opted to stay in the hallway until she woke up. Nurses came in and out of the room checking her monitors and making notes on the computer.

We talked about what we think happened but were interrupted by a student nurse with a UCLA nursing student badge.

"Excuse me are you with room 7?" she asks politely.

"Yeah we are, do you know her?" Damien responds.

"She's my classmate, and I was curious if you know what happened. Y/n is not the person to physically fight someone else." she sounds concerned.

"We don't know exactly what happened. We're waiting for her to wake up to know the answer. We can ask her if she wants to see you and let you know." Courtney offers.

"Oh don't mention I was here, she is very private about her problems. Her and I were close but she had some issues that caused her to become...uh...not friends with of some of the class including me. Hopefully I'll see her in class next week." she smiles, turns, and walks away.

We look at each other and exchange glances. Her personal life was an unknown to us.

"Her parents should know about this," I say. I walk to the nurses station and ask if her emergency contact had been notified. 

"Sir, her emergency contacts have been notified but unfortunately I can't tell you who they are." she tries to reassure me but it doesn't do much. 

...

Half an hour passes and we are now sitting in the waiting room. They politely asked us to sit here so the hallway was clear. The entrance sliding doors open and I see her three roommates walk in, they go to the check-in desk. 

"Sophia, Sara, Shannon," I call to them and wave them down.

Sophia takes a double take, realizing that I'm here. As they reach me their eyes are panicked.