23

" creed "

The dark emptiness of the sewers match Lana's soul

The dark emptiness of the sewers match Lana's soul. She lost her father and she lost Din. Her newfound family was being taken from her; all she had left now was the child who she swore she'd never let anyone touch. She didn't want more to be taken from her.

The child stayed close to Lana in her arms, it was like he sensed what she was feeling. Karga and Cara kept quiet as they continued to walk, letting Lana have some space. It's all they could give her right now.

Cara and Karga both new Din, but neither as much as Lana. Lana knew Din in his most vulnerable spots. Where he let the harsh demeanor of a rough Mandalorian go.

She thought over everything. The day they met she was so scared, they found each other when she was at such a vulnerable position. With Din she blossomed, she needed to grab a hold of her life again, and with him she did. She thought of all the ruthless training he put her through, how much she hated it, but she would relive it all over if she could be with him again. Her love was gone.

Muffled explosions echoed in the sewer, Karga and Cara turned looking in the direction they came from. Lana kept walking toward the covert where Din directed them to. The child fussed in her arms, she glanced down at the child. She heard footsteps approaching behind her.

From around the hallway IG-11 carried the weakly looking Din. Lana turned on her heels to see him walking toward her with the light on his head flashing at her. Lana followed Cara and ran up to him.

Lana couldn't even speak a word. He was walking, well sort of. Cara went under his arm to help him through the tunnels. "I got you." Lana came to his side pressing on his back. She didn't understand, just a bit ago he was surly dead.

The nurse droid.

No matter how much Din hated droids, he let one save him. Din knew needed to stay alive for the child and for Lana, he did what he had to do.

"Ugh. This place is a maze." Cara expresses. They had been walking for some time, Lana saw Din slowly be able to carry his step as they continued. They reached an intersection of the tunnels when he spoke up. "Stop. I can stand." He says losing his grip on Cara.

"The bacta infusion is working." IG-11 adds. Lana was right, Din let a droid save his life.

"I'll try to find some tracks." He breathes out. Din looks around a few moments scanning the room with his helmet. "We're close."

Lana stays at his side following wherever he was leading them. "Turn here."

Lana smiles seeing him gaining his strength back in front of her eyes. He had his same brisk and intimidating walk back.

Eventually, Din leads them to what they were looking for. But, in front of them was a pile of Mandalorian armor. Din stares at it for a second, Lana closes her eyes dipping her head down. "Din... I'm sorry."