Chapter 16

"D-did you really hate me when I had left you?" I ask him after we're finally settled on the bed." I asked him.

He looked in my eyes and was about to answer when the maid came back with two plates of pasta. Just then my stomach growled. I didn't even realise I hadn't eaten the whole day.

She immediately left after that. I took the plate and silently started eating.

"Hate is a really strong word don't you think?" He asked me. I nodded my head but kept eating the delicious pasta. I need to make a note to ask her about the recipe. It damn tasty.

"When you had first left, with that note saying sorry, I was disappointed and hurt. Hurt because you didn't even tell me anything and you wouldn't even answer my calls. Deep down I knew you had a very strong reason, but still I was a little hurt. I never hated you. I could never hate you", he tells me.

"I'm sor-"

"No, you don't need to be sorry, and I know someday you will tell me why you left and I don't want to know anything right now", he says and we continue eating the pasta in silence.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Today while working I realized how happy Arjun makes me. How he is so understanding and I'm thankful for that. He is honestly the best. So when Arjun walked in the room, completely exhausted. I walked over to him and just hugged him. When he didn't return the hug for a long time, I was starting to move away when he wrapped his arms around me and sighed in relief.

"Just what I needed after the shitty day at office", he tells me and hugs me tighter. Not that I mind.

Don't tell anyone, but I really like his hugs.

"Not that I mind, but mind telling me what I did inorder to deserve a hug from you?", He asked me.

"Well, I mean it's nothing much, but I'm just thankful for you to be there in my life and for being so understanding and loving and caring",I said while looking at him. He was grinning by the end.

"Wow wifey! You sure do know how to brighten my mood with those words of yours", he says. I wince when the pricking pain in my back starts once again.

"What happened?" He asks me.

"Oh, nothing it's just this pricking pain in my back"

"Do you want me to call the doctor?"

"No, it's not something I'm not used to"

Remember when I told that I'm gonna start my periods. They just started this morning and my back is aching too bad.

Many Hindu families follow some things when the women are on their periods. They are not allowed to enter the kitchen or the temple. His family follows both. Not that I care because I know the pain in my back is so much that I can barely walk sometimes.

The pain is severe because I get my periods once in two months. Some of my friends felt as if it was amazing. But trust me when I say this, it is torture for me. All the seven days. My whole body will pain. But this time, the pain is extreme. May be it's because of the work I've been doing. I've been cleaning, then going back and forth my work place. I've been doing a lot of hectic work this last month. Plus my food intake is also irregular. Sometimes I forget to eat lunch.

"What? What do you mean by something you're used to?"

"Periods", I say and walk over to the bed and lie down.