| | F O R T Y - F O U R | |

I took a slight nap and when I felt that I was about to be pulled into my dream, a warm palm took my cheeks and kiss my lips. It was fiery and desperate, as if he wants to eat me whole. My fingers twitch as I manoeuvre my way towards his shoulders and gripped it tightly, in fear of falling again.

I was like a fish getting caught by a fisherman, taking every breath I could take.

Gasping, I could only look incredulously at my husband's face looming at my face. He was still into kissing me and hadn't realized that my eyes had already open wide. I punch my fist towards his shoulder and he seem to sober up for a bit then put his forehead on mine.

"We'll be setting off today" his words were quiet as the night, the moonlight spilling on his gloomy face.

"Before we head off, let's take the kids for a picnic" 

His eyes immediately stared right through me, as if he could sense the meaning of my words. Shutting it tightly, he enclose me in his embrace and murmur in my ears.

"I will do everything to make you fine again, I promise" his words strike through my soul and I couldn't help the tremble in my whole body.

Hugging him tightly, we settled into another night of uncertainty.

...

The following day, I dismissed Amy on her nanny duties and took Haru and Fuyu for a picnic. Alec uphold his promise and arranged for a mini picnic on our garden.

The sun was high up in the sky, the clouds looking like sugar cotton candies the vast blue sky. The weather seems to agree with our mood, it was light and comfortable with a hint of sunny atmosphere. 

I already prepared some sandwiches with different fillings, orange juice and water, some fresh fruits and a bento boxed meal. The big, red blanket was place underneath the shade of the tree where we sat down and place the basket full of foods.

We were accompanied with the sight of the flowers blooming beautifully around us. The twins seemed to like the sandwiches and I wipe their faces every 5 minutes. Alec skinned the fruit and presented it to me to eat.

"You- the kids are looking!" I whispered, blushing beet red at his brazen attitude of feeding me in front of the kids. Luckily, there is no sight of any maids in here or else I would want to be gobbled by the ground. 

"Don't worry, it's a good thing for kids to see their parents being affectionate" he added without being embarrassed at his words.

One word: Shameless!

After eating, the kids decided to play in a mini race. Whoever can get to us by walking will win. It was funny seeing the kids nodding as their father explain the rules to them.

"Just walk, no running okay?" He pointed to the two with his stone face.

"Okay!" The kids nodded vigorously and started to imitate their father who was stretching his body.

I burst out laughing, I really couldn't stand it. They were too adorable, now I really wish we have a camera to video-cam them.

The race started as my two kids walk with their little legs. The kids walk to us with their mouth giggling every time they walk fast on their destination which is us.

"Fuyu! Be careful!" I was worried about Fuyu who was wobbling after she dove through her father's side.

Fuyu won while she giggle towards her father and I could only shake my head towards them. 

"Don't worry, she's my child and there is no way she's weak" Alec proudly said as he lift Fuyu high up in the air.

"Fly! Upieee!" She shrieked in laughter as Alec continued to throw her in the sky.

"Papa! Me too! Me too!" Haru on the other hand clung on his father's legs like a caterpillar.

He took them each on his hands, the twins were looking at everything excitedly. They must have been so happy to see the perspective of a taller person. They were talking in gibberish while we walk to the garden and sat down after a 10 minute walk.

It was a swinging wooden chair decorated with fancy crafting of flowers on each of its edges. We fit through the large seat and cuddled as we watch the sun set. The kids were laying on our body, the two of them were tangled in a hug.

Alec's face was sun kissed, the warm orange spilled with gold kissed his skin. Looking at his contented face, I felt full. I suddenly had an impulse to kiss him, so I did.

I kissed his cheek swiftly and proceeded to look down and evade his scorching gaze.

He took my chin and kissed me.

It was sweet, much more than a honey. I felt like my soul was being kissed away by him. It was gentle and slow, nothing but lust and the usual fierce battle of lips. It was if he was savoring my taste, drinking every moment he have with me.

And it finally settles with me.

That the kids in my lap are mine and no more than a fictional character, that the people I have with me are real.

That he's real, the man I'm holding my hands with, that I am looking with.

He's real and so is me.

I think I-

***

Hello everyone, this story is nearing its end so I hope you can hold your patience and continue to support this book, the author and my future works. Thank you very much.

Thank you for making this book special, with your comments and votes, for your help, Thank you so much.

I would like to have a favor with you, can we get this book a 100k reads before I finish this? I would really love if you can achieve that, Thank you again!

Please do VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Thank you!