Chapter Three

After the ball, I woke up feeling like my head was on fire. I groaned, pulling myself out of bed and dragging myself into a cold shower. I felt the water wash over my skin, chilling my bones, I could feel my lips turning blue. Getting out, I changed as Jeremy walked in, flopping onto my bed.

"Argh! I hate this!" He whined.

"Oh, you mean lying on my bed or spending time with me?" I pouted and he scowled at me, pointing a finger my way.

"Don't! I love you and you know it!"

I sighed. Walking over, I sat down beside his sprawled-out body.

"I'm sorry."

"What's wrong?" He asked. A smile creeped over my face; Jeremy could read me like a book. I felt his hand squeeze my thigh, encouraging me.

"It's just....I feel off. I can't explain it and its driving me crazy!" I finished, yanking my hair. I felt Jeremy sit up, grabbing my hands into his own. I looked up and smiled at him.

"You don't need to explain to me." He pulled me to him. My face crushing against his chest and I found myself smiling. He kissed the top of my head. After I pulled away, I poked his chest.

"What's up with you?"

"Well, Elena is in a mood...." I winced. Elena in a mood was never a good thing. I rose a brow before we heard a door slam and a frustrated yell. Jeremy walked over to the bathroom that we shared and connected our rooms together. He quickly exited my room as my door flew open by Elena.

"Damon is just.....argh!" she shouted.

"Yes......yes he is." I replied, feeling uneasiness wash over me. I sat on the end of my bed cross legged as she walked over and sprawled in the same spot Jeremy was in not a minuet ago. She grabbed my pillow and pulled it over her face and screamed into it. I laughed and grabbed the pillow from her.

"Want to talk about it?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"I want to talk about how pretty you looked last night though." Elena wriggled her eyebrows at me with a smile. I smacked her with my pillow, giggling.

"Like you can talk. I swear, every guy was drooling over you." I pointed at her.

"Noooo.....please don't say that." She pulled her lip up, shaking her head in denial.

"But Jordan, you looked beautiful. I may have taken a few pictures of you too." She winked pulling out her phone and showing me the pictures. I frowned at her but when seeing the pictures, I actually liked them. I looked up at her smiling face.

"I got a lot of 'you look nice'" I mocked. Elena snorted.

"Well, they were right. You did look nice and pretty and beautiful." She grinned, and I covered my face with my hands feeling my cheeks go red. She pulled my hands away with a smile. She kissed my forehead.

"Bonnie and Caroline will be over soon..." She trailed off. I nodded, already getting the hint.

"Want me to drag Jer out too?" I asked.

"I think he has plans."

I frowned and looked at the bathroom door and then turned to Elena who shrugged at me. I rolled my eyes and sighed. I had no idea what I was going to do. My door opened as someone was knocking. I looked up to see Alaric poking his head in.

"Hey girls."

"Hey." We both answered in unison.

I looked at Elena and we both giggled at the same time. Alaric walked in, hands behind his back. I eyed him with narrowed eyes.