Chapter Four

I woke up the next morning, screaming. I felt strong hands on my shoulders, I thrashed to shake them off me.

"Jords....JORDS! It's me!"

That voice was calming, I turned to see Jeremy's concerns dark brown eyes.

"What happened?" I asked. My hand flying up to my neck as the memory of Klaus ripping into my throat haunted me.

"Caroline healed you."

I nodded, taking in deep breaths and trying to calm my heart. I blinked and looked at Jeremy with a confused look. He sensed the question I was about to ask.

"Someone stabbed Alaric last night. He and Elena are at the hospital."

I nodded before the words finally sunk in. Jeremy shook his head, pushing down on my shoulders, not allowing me out of bed.

"No! You are staying here." His tone was firm.

"But....Alaric."

"Has the ring." Jeremy reminded me.

I nodded slowly, settling back into bed. I moved over as Jeremy climbed in, I nestled into him. I felt warm and safe being next to Jeremy. He fished his phone out his pocket, I felt his lips brush the top of my head.

"I was worried that I would lose you." I heard the pain in his voice. I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed. I didn't have the Gilbert rings like Jeremy and Alaric.

"I'm ok....I'm ok." I reassured him.

He hugged me tighter and I knew how much pain he was in. It was the same pain I felt every time he died and came back to life.

"I now get why you always force me to cuddle you when I come back to life."

I laughed and nodded against him.

We stayed silent, until we heard the front door being opened. I felt panic rise, Jeremy grabbed a gun from somewhere, aiming it at my bedroom door.

"Hey...are you guys..." Caroline's voice trailed off.

We both sighed. Jeremy lowered the gun as my bedroom door opened. Caroline's smiling face appearing as she opened the door wider.

"Are you ok?" she asked, her voice gentle.

"Yeah....I guess, thanks to you."

Caroline groaned.

"No.....because of me you were hurt. I should have lured Klaus further away. Our plan was going so well."

I looked up at Jeremy who had the same confused look I had on.

"Wait.....you guys are giving me the twin look. The one that says neither of you know what's going on? Like the whole ball thing linked all the Originals. We kill one, we kill them all. Ester is helping us in killing off her children....no?" Caroline asked us.

We both shook our heads at her. I felt like my brain exploded. Trust Caroline to come clean with all information we were left in the dark in. She walked over, sitting on the end of my bed. She sighed and turned to m,. her blue eyes meeting my brown ones.

"I'm sorry. You should never have been dragged into this. Elena is going to be pissed when she finds out..."

"Wait.....she doesn't know what happened last night?"

I turned my look between Jeremy and Caroline who both shook their heads. That explains why my phone or Jeremy's phone wasn't going off or the fact Elena wasn't here to hover over me. I still had my twin doing that, but it was different when it was him.

"She has enough worries. Alaric, Rebekah and Elijah kidnapping her, school, Stefan and Damon drama." Caroline paused when she turned to us. "I shouldn't be saying all this..." she looked between the two of us.

"Kidnapped?" I shrieked.

Jeremy grabbed a hold of me before I could launch myself at Caroline. She winced before muttering about her big mouth.

"She is fine, she is safe. No harm came to her. She got away when Alaric daggered Kol." I nodded. The memory of Kol desiccating in front of my eyes a new nightmare to add to my ever-growing list. I rubbed my temples feeling a headache coming on. I felt Jeremy rub my back, helping to sooth out my worry. We always said that I had the short temper and he was the calming one.

"I just, wanted to apologies and make sure you were doing ok." Caroline reached over, taking one of my hands. I squeezed her hand and smiled.

"Honestly, I am alive thanks to you."

She smiled before leaving after a few more minutes of my convincing her I was fine.

"Thought she would never leave." I laughed at Jeremy's comment, smacking his chest. 

A few hours later, Jeremy and I walked into the hospital. Elena walking over, grabbing us both into a hug.

"I'm so glad you are both here. I have been going crazy."

"Hospitals get a bad rep." I nodded, giving my best serious face. She laughed and shoved me.

"Careful." Jeremy suddenly yelled, glaring at Elena.

I turned to him with a confused look and then scowled. He clearly hadn't gotten over the whole, me almost having my throat ripped out. Elena looked between us, pointing to us both and sighing.

"What happened?" she asked. Her tone turning serious as looked at us.

"You first." I snapped.

I was angry, Jeremy was being an idiot and now Elena was playing mother hen.

She flinched before scowling at me.

"I am your older sister. I protect the two of you!"

"Well we are family. We ALL protect each other."

Jeremy pulled me back behind him as a few nurses looked our way.

"Look, everyone is safe and fine. We know you got kidnapped and Alaric got stabbed. Klaus almost ripped Jordan's throat out, but Caroline healed her. Can we talk about this when we get home?" Jeremy looked between the two of us.

I turned to see Elena's eyes widened as she stepped forward and wrapped her arms around me.

"Are you ok? I should have been there. I should have been at home when you woke up." She was squeezing me tighter. I patted her back, trying to pull away but her bony arms tightened more.

"Elena." Jeremy pulled her off. "She needs to breathe."

"Thanks." I smiled at Jeremy and turned to Elena. "I'm fine. I have nightmares about Klaus all the time, what's one more?" I shrugged.

Elena looked me over, before I noticed her jaw clench.

"Elena?" I nudged her side.

"I'm sick of him hurting you and Jeremy. I can't wait to kill him." She seethed. I gave Jeremy a worried look, he shrugged as we walked into Alaric's room. I took a seat in the chair beside the bed. I watched the rise and fall of his chest at a steady rhythm. My mind was swirling with fear. Someone had done this to him, could it be Klaus? One of his demented family members? Well they aren't ALL demented, just most. I frowned, trying to form a list of possible suspects. Was Klaus right? Did we have a serial killer at large? A few people had been stabbed, one being Caroline's father. Now Alaric too. I looked at him, watching his sleeping form. Who would want to kill him?